Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Sunday, February 4, 2018 2:59:24 AM(UTC)

The next time it doesn't spin don't touch lid or anything else.

Reach over and grab the timer knob without pulling or pushing it in. Push it up, then to the right, then down, and then to the left.

If the motor comes on, the timer has bad contacts inside and will need to be replaced.
scottfr Posted: Saturday, February 3, 2018 8:32:49 AM(UTC)

Unfortunately that did not resolve the problem. Would you recommend anything else?

Thanks,
Scott
scottfr Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2018 9:37:04 AM(UTC)

unfortunately that did not resolve the problem. Any other possible recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Scott
scottfr Posted: Sunday, January 7, 2018 5:03:47 PM(UTC)

Thank you!
ThatGuy Posted: Sunday, January 7, 2018 2:38:58 PM(UTC)

It could be your lid switch. Try opening and closing the lid the next time it stops. It might be bent or going bad internally. part no. 16

Parts for Maytag SAV4655EWW: Top and Door Switch Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com
scottfr Posted: Sunday, January 7, 2018 10:12:02 AM(UTC)

I was wondering if anyone can assist in diagnosing the problem with my maytag washer, it is a top loading Maytag, model number SAV4655EWW

The washer won't spin or drain. It will go to the end of the wash cycle with a tub full of water. After the wash cycle completes, (without draining or spinning) the tub left full of water. I am able to get it to spin and drain by restarting a spin cycle, it will then drain and spin. However, after successfully draining, if I start a brand new cycle, the cycle ends again with the tub full of water.

Please note, that the the machine DOES cycle through the stages, only it does not drain and spin. As stated above, I can get it to drain by going back to the spin cycle and re-starting it from there. Another way I found to get it to drain and spin is that if it is middle of the what would be a spin cycle, if I open and close the lid, the washer will then drain and spin one time, for that cycle.

Any assistance would be appreciated.