Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
68Rabbit Posted: Saturday, January 6, 2018 11:42:21 AM(UTC)

The ice maker is less than 5 years old, but the refrigerator is almost 14 years old.
I have already replaced the ice maker once and it had almost completely stopped working again. The 1st time, I just took out the old one and put in a new one, but this time I have done some trouble shooting. I know that the water lines are clear, there is power going to the unit, and the water tube going into the freezer isn't clogged.
I used a jumper(my multi-meter set to amps) on the module to try to trigger a new cycle, but all I got was an extremely slow turning of the wheel on the front of the module. I have resigned myself to the fact that I might need to replace this one too, but I am trying to figure out why. I haven't given up though.
At some point before the 1st ice maker died, my wife began making ice cubes in ice trays on the shelf above the ice maker for the cooler that she takes to work because the ice maker didn't make enough for her cooler and everyone at home. I never thought about it, but when I took the cover off of the module this time, the inside of it was frozen solid with a big piece of ice. Could this have come from a problem with the ice maker or could it have come from the ice trays above? Would the ice under the module cover have caused damage to the ice maker?

Thanks