Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Thursday, November 5, 2009 2:16:16 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
janice43760 Posted: Thursday, November 5, 2009 2:57:18 AM(UTC)

Hi Gene,
Thanks for all your help. The gas stove was originally converted by our lp gas company at the time of purchase so I didn't know what they did. I figured it out. Was able to adjust the flame by tightening down the 1/2" fitting on the oven safety valve until it was just snug. I now have a pretty blue flame and my oven control knob is controlling it. thanks again!!
Gene Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2009 4:36:37 PM(UTC)

I meant, if you ever convert the range from Natural gas to LP, how did you do it?

Quote:
...The valve is the exact replacement part...

What is the part number of it?

Gene.
janice43760 Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2009 4:08:18 PM(UTC)

I didn't convert it in any way. I just ordered the exact part and put it on. Didn't occur to me that I would have to until the flame issue. How do I convert it?
Gene Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2009 3:45:43 PM(UTC)

How did you convert it?

Gene.
janice43760 Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2009 3:34:56 PM(UTC)

Now I have another problem, I was able to adjust the thermocouple position and I can now get it to light. The problem now is the flames are really high and shooting up along the sides into the oven compartment. It's burning way too hot, and the only adjustment in temperature is the off position. What's wrong now? Why such high flames? The valve is the exact replacement part, is there an adjustment from natural to lp I need to make? My stove is LP.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2009 2:07:15 PM(UTC)

You might want to replace the pilot assembly. Make sure the temperature sensing bulb from the gas safety valve is located in the pilot flame.

- The pilot Part number: AP4095214
janice43760 Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2009 11:26:02 AM(UTC)

My magic chef oven will not light. The pilot is lit and the flame gets larger when I turn the thermostat on, but will not light. I purchased and installed new oven safety valve and it is still doing the same thing and will not light. Any suggestions? Help!