Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
seattlepioneer Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 12:15:58 PM(UTC)

The thermostat is bad and needs to be replaced.
johna56 Posted: Tuesday, December 26, 2017 11:32:44 AM(UTC)

My Whirlpool gas water heater was installed 2-3 years ago and is not maintaining the temperature of the water. The water is often room temperature or cooler. The temperature knob has been dialed to its highest temperature. When the pilot is turned off, and re-lit 30 minutes or so later, the water will remain relatively hot for the next hour or two.

According to the manufacturer, due to the existing (improper for this unit) side venting, the wind is pushing back into the unit and that is affecting the tanks ability to heat, or keep the water heated.

I'd like to get another two-three years out of my current tank. Does anyone have any insight or suggestions as to what part could be replaced to get this part working again and if its replaceable? I'd like to get another 2-3 out of my current tank before I have convert to tank-less.

Thank you.