Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
chatenever Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2017 7:41:37 AM(UTC)

The remanufactured control board worked perfectly! Way to go PartSimple!
chatenever Posted: Friday, December 15, 2017 8:10:13 AM(UTC)

It does not appear from the description that the screen would go blank from being in "locked" mode. Going through the "unlock" does nothing.

I did shut off power (several times), with no result. I also disconnected and reconnected the many wiring harnesses on the board, as well as the ground wire. No result.

I could not locate a new board. They appear to be on back-order from the manufacturer. I ordered a remanufactured board from partsimple.com. I hope it works.

Thanks for replies That Guy.
ThatGuy Posted: Friday, December 15, 2017 7:58:05 AM(UTC)

Page 6 of the owners manual explains locked.

Have you tried disconnecting the power for 10 minutes?
chatenever Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 4:25:05 PM(UTC)

I don't know what you mean by locked. My original request may have been confusing because all of the "symptoms" appearing after my name were added by the forum, not by me. My screen is black. The keypad works to set the timer and to turn on the oven light. Nothing else works as far as I can tell (the screen is blank)..
bob
ThatGuy Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 1:48:49 PM(UTC)

Are the controls locked ? Check the owners manual for how to unlock .

http://shared.whirlpoolc...0Guide%20-%208304075.pdf

page 6
chatenever Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 6:51:55 AM(UTC)

Display is not illuminated. Keypad beeps when touched. I can turn on oven light and timer from keypad. I've got 24V out of transformer, so that proves that the transformer and the Control Thermal Fuse are good. I'm ready to order a new control panel, but I just wanted to check with you guys/gals to make sure that there is nothing else that I might be missing as a possible cause. Is there?

Thanks in advance for the help. Bob