Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hah45 Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 7:18:52 AM(UTC)

It appears that it was the timer. I took it to someone to fix it. When he opened it up he said it didn't look bad and that might not be the problem. He did show me a part that was a bit burnt.
I took it home and put it back on (along with all of the new fuses/thermostats) and it's been working for over a week!
Hah45 Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 6:46:34 AM(UTC)

Ok so...now it's looking like it might be the timer..if I'm testing it correctly. Looking online there are several combinations of wires/prongs to test depending on the dryer model. Do I take the wires off and test them or the prongs that the wires were on? Example: red and black wires connect to A and C prongs.
Thanks

Ps..prongs=terminals :)
brobriffin Posted: Friday, October 6, 2017 6:07:35 AM(UTC)

Ok when you cleaned it was there a lot of lint build up?
After you reassemble the machine leave the slinky tube (transition hose) off the exhaust of the machine and run an air only cycle. Then see is the exhaust is blowing good and strong. if so reattach the transition hose and go outside to compare is you have about the same amount of air moving. If it seems that there may be a lack of air moving two things might still be an issue.
1. there is a significant lint build up on the fan blades and needs to be cleaned
2. people who use fabric softener sheets may find a couple covering the air outlet located inside the back right area of the drum. I've seen them almost melted over the air outlet preventing air flow.
Now if the air does seem to be moving very strong, test for heat and then for cycling heat.
A homeowner can do this by simply taking a meat thermometer sticking it into the transition hose about 6 to 12 inches past the exhaust and watching for temp increase. The temperature should increase to around 165º but no higher than 180º. It should then cool down to around 130º before cycling back up.
Hah45 Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 8:03:58 PM(UTC)

There is a hose(duct) that goes from the dryer and then to the outside wall and straight out.
Is there any other place in the dryer I should be looking? I took off the back and cleaned all around in that area
brobriffin Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 12:47:32 PM(UTC)

The point I'm getting at is your symptoms lead me to believe there is a clog in the vent system somewhere.
brobriffin Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 12:45:11 PM(UTC)

How far is your exhaust on the outside of the house from the laundry room?
Is the vent on an outside wall where it simply goes thru the wall or is it a longer distance to the outside using ducting to get there?
Hah45 Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 12:08:25 PM(UTC)

I replaced the cut off, thermal fuse and cycling on sunday. I hadn't received the hi limit in the mail yet so I just tried it with the old one. Dryer heated. Dryer stopped heating 2 loads later. That was on Tuesday and I had the high limit by then so I replaced it but still no heat. All of the parts are brand new besides the element.
I took the back off and cleaned all of that out.I Went Outside and made sure that was clear and I completely replaced the foil "hose" with a metal one.
brobriffin Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 11:51:59 AM(UTC)

Ok so all looks good.
No short in the element and it has continuity.
All of the thermostats, fuses and cut offs have continuity.
Based on that putting it back together it should heat up.
Having said that lets go over whats happening now. You said Tuesday after replacing the high limit therm you had no heat. So I imagine you turned the unit on any high heat cycle and felt the air coming from the exhaust to find it was cold?
Secondly when you say you cleaned the vents inside and out does that include the entire run of duct-work from the wall to outside the house as well as the louver on the outside wall or roof wherever it exits?
Hah45 Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 10:26:21 AM(UTC)

more pics:)
Hah45 Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 9:48:22 AM(UTC)

Thanks! I'm trying:)
I forgot to take a picture of the high limit thermostat before I removed the element. I did bring all of the parts and multi meter to work with me so I will send you a pic of it (which is brand new) and try what you suggested with the element.
The dryer started taking longer to dry. At first I thought maybe the washer didn't spin out enough) but then it would be ok. It was over a period of a couple months that it got worse and then it wouldn't heat at all. I had cleaned out the vents (inside and out) and cleaned out the inside of the dryer. After that I purchased the multi meter and started testing parts and outlets. They all seem to have continuity and power to the dryer was good. After a couple months I went ahead and started buying new fuses/thermostats. Sunday I replaced everything but the high limit and the element. Worked for 2 loads and then on Tuesday wouldn't dry again. I replaced the high limit on Tuesday but still no heat.
Sorry...I know I'm repeating myself.