Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
PNWDrew Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 9:01:00 PM(UTC)

Is freezer is cold, 10deg F or around there? Ice cream is a nice way to check for temps below 15 degrees, above that it'll begin to soften.
Some quick checks:
1) Door switch in top section? Push it to ensure that light is turning off, a bulb staying on can create a lot of heat.
2)Air flowing out of vents in tower on back wall of fridge? You may need to have door switch depressed for the fan to run. It blows air up into fridge section through a damper that open/closes as needed. It may be delayed a little after you press the door switch in.
If no air is making it into fridge section I think you'll need to pull that rear wall apart to access damper, if it is frozen closed or broken that's your issue.
3)Return air ducts... air blown up must be able to return to freezer, I'm not 100% sure where they are on this machine, probably back corners of the upper compartment. They may be visible from inside freezer section too; up in freezer ceiling.
tgillenw Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 1:03:08 PM(UTC)

My temp is staying around 60 F in the fridge section. Pulled out and checked all fans and they are working. However, the compressor seems to be rather hot. I've tried resetting the temp panel. Nothing is helping. Any thoughts on what could be wrong. This fridge is only a little over a year old :(