Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2022 9:40:15 AM(UTC)

I have the exact same problem. Did you figure anything out I still want to fix mine and not have to buy a new one?
greenman1985 Posted: Friday, August 18, 2017 9:02:22 AM(UTC)

UPDATE: I called an appliance repair guy and explained the problem just to see what he thought. He says there's probably a short in the wire somewhere, but he's not sure he'd be able to fix it. He says it's probably not worth his coming over to my house and that I should probably just get a new range.

Any thoughts, folks? Is he right or is he just too lazy to come to my place and look at it?

It seems like a wire could just be replaced...

...if that's all it is.

I don't see any damage to the wire that was connected to the burnt terminal, and I can see the entire wire. It's a bit brown on the ends compared to the others – I guess because so much heat has moved through it.

I welcome any suggestions or input!
greenman1985 Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 4:07:54 PM(UTC)

I've got a 2009 LG electric range, model LRE30757. One of the terminals on the oven relay board (or PCB assembly) burnt up. I replaced the entire board (LG model number EBR32401002). The same terminal burnt up a few days later. It's one of the terminals for the "bake" function of the oven.

It would seem there's too much heat coming from the wire to the terminal. Or is it something else? In any case, I'm wondering if anyone knows what could be causing this and if it's something I can fix on my own.

The image below has an arrow pointing to the terminal that keeps getting burnt up.

http://imgur.com/a/szApT