Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2022 7:27:29 AM(UTC)

I've disconnected the plug going into the back of the deli-drawer and left it unplugged as I didn't see any broken wires in the harness. I now have lights and ice, but no water. Will replacing the wiring harness address that issue? That's my next step (least costly) before moving onto circuit boards etc. Thoughts?
Tjvan Posted: Monday, August 8, 2022 8:03:59 PM(UTC)

Connector in question is in the left hand deli drawer right above the freezer. You need to lift out the tray holding food and then you can disconnect the door and lift out. The door is disconnected by two latches under the door brackets on both sides. Once the door is removed you can carefully lift out a cover (gray on kitchenaid we have and the connector is there. Need to use a flat tool to remove connector “snaps” on both sides. I left it disconnected and everything now works except the deli drawer settings. Will chase down the wiring issue when I have time.
Guest Posted: Saturday, August 6, 2022 4:23:56 AM(UTC)

Question . Is it possible that the fan is not moving enough air to cool the fridge and freezer ?

I put a floor fan in front of the fridge and it works fine so I thought that the fan was no good. Ordered the fan motor. When I pulled out the fridge to change the fan it was working. So i put it back in place and moved the floor fan thinking all was well but it stopped cooling again .

should i just change the fan ?
Guest Posted: Friday, August 5, 2022 9:18:28 AM(UTC)

anyone got the part number of the wiring harness?
Guest Posted: Friday, August 5, 2022 9:05:33 AM(UTC)

the plug is on the back of the left-hand deli drawer, under a protruding cover.
Guest Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2022 9:05:05 AM(UTC)

Can anyone tell me specifically where that plug is at so I can get my lights and ice and water working again??
Guest Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2022 9:04:09 AM(UTC)

Where is that plug located??
Guest Posted: Monday, July 25, 2022 2:51:24 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the fix. The drawer track sliced two cables in the left drawer. Slide the protective sleeve back until you find the two broken wires and mend them back together. Should only take 10 min.

Lift the grey drawer tray on the left out, Unclip the drawer front by lifting the metal locking tabs. Use a flat screwdriver to remove the cover over the wire harness plug located on the bottom inside right of the drawer face, Then unplug it and set the drawer face on the ground. Remove the snap on wire cover from the left track. Slide the protective sleeve back that covers the wires until you find the damaged wire and mend them back together.
Guest Posted: Thursday, June 9, 2022 5:01:49 PM(UTC)

Did you plug the wire back in that you undid?
Guest Posted: Sunday, May 8, 2022 2:38:38 PM(UTC)

I was having similar issues with a 5yr old Kitchenaid 5door fridge...all interior lights and water dispenser randomly stopped working. Not to be left out, the 'door-ajar' red light/alarm elevated the annoyance factor. After reading this and similar threads, I zeroed in on the wire bundle inside the left deli drawer. I did notice a very slight stress in the webbed sheathing about half way back, but nothing major....likely a snag along the sliding track at some point. There very well could be compromised wire in the bundle.
I simply unfastened the wire harness from the deli drawer....and ALL my issues were magically resolved. BEWARE; the possessed water dispenser seemed to remember some test attempts placed on it over the days prior...and peed all over the floor. Have a cup ready.
I know, its a frustratingly ridiculous bandaid, not a logical solution.....but the relief is still real.
(Note; we have a separate ice maker, and had previously disabled the one on the fridge....so I do not know if this random solution affects the fridge ice maker.)