Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
djseto Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2022 5:42:17 PM(UTC)

Thank god for this post. The day before thanksgiving and I have all the symptoms in this thread. Took out the harness and the ground wire was broken. Fixed with some heat shrink butt connectors and thanksgiving is saved. Hooray for the interwebs.
BAMBAM67 Posted: Monday, November 14, 2022 2:39:48 AM(UTC)

After extensive troubleshooting on this refrigerator of mine what I was discovered was the Meat/crisper drawer on the left side has a very bad engineering flaw. I pulled the drawer out of the unit and after removing the protective sheathing on the wiring harness, I discovered that 4 of the 5 wires were broken into. These weren't cut by any means. Whomever the fine engineer that designed this thing put wiring in the drawer that once after exposure to cold temperature and repeated use of bending and flexing, the wires literally snap into. Shame one the designers of this thing. I spliced all the wires back together and everything works as advertised. I am sure this will happen again in the future but at least I know where to start.
Guest Posted: Wednesday, November 2, 2022 6:47:53 AM(UTC)

Saved me today! Thank you! I turned off fridge unplugged the pantry drawer. Plugged back in the fridge then the pantry drawer and presto lights back on and water ice working.
Guest Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2022 6:33:33 AM(UTC)

wow I have been battling with this issue for nearly a year! I didn't want to replace a 5 year old refrigerator because it was mainly annoyance and not affecting the cooling. Came across this thread, unplugged the plug in the left deli drawer and boom problem solved
Guest Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 3:29:11 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: TheDawg1 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the info! That said.. if the cause is a spill of liquid on the tray.. then i would consider this a pretty major design flaw..

Ditto- and then some. This design flaw should be a recall!
Guest Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2022 7:27:29 AM(UTC)

I've disconnected the plug going into the back of the deli-drawer and left it unplugged as I didn't see any broken wires in the harness. I now have lights and ice, but no water. Will replacing the wiring harness address that issue? That's my next step (least costly) before moving onto circuit boards etc. Thoughts?
Tjvan Posted: Monday, August 8, 2022 8:03:59 PM(UTC)

Connector in question is in the left hand deli drawer right above the freezer. You need to lift out the tray holding food and then you can disconnect the door and lift out. The door is disconnected by two latches under the door brackets on both sides. Once the door is removed you can carefully lift out a cover (gray on kitchenaid we have and the connector is there. Need to use a flat tool to remove connector “snaps” on both sides. I left it disconnected and everything now works except the deli drawer settings. Will chase down the wiring issue when I have time.
Guest Posted: Saturday, August 6, 2022 4:23:56 AM(UTC)

Question . Is it possible that the fan is not moving enough air to cool the fridge and freezer ?

I put a floor fan in front of the fridge and it works fine so I thought that the fan was no good. Ordered the fan motor. When I pulled out the fridge to change the fan it was working. So i put it back in place and moved the floor fan thinking all was well but it stopped cooling again .

should i just change the fan ?
Guest Posted: Friday, August 5, 2022 9:18:28 AM(UTC)

anyone got the part number of the wiring harness?
Guest Posted: Friday, August 5, 2022 9:05:33 AM(UTC)

the plug is on the back of the left-hand deli drawer, under a protruding cover.