Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
manfred63 Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 9:57:36 AM(UTC)

Sounds like either the pump is too hard to spin, such as the middle part that spins the impeller is stuck or frozen somewhat in place. OR, it could be a bad capacitor. Remove the water pump from the shaft, then see if it will spin normally. If it will, I would look closer at the pump, try spinning the impeller manually to see if it is easy to spin or very hard to spin. Replace pump if cant spin easily. If pump is good, test the capacitor, and replace it if it tests bad.
This video might help you out with that https://youtu.be/KXoxCVG_NBo

Ken's Appliance Repair
johnep33333 Posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 6:21:30 PM(UTC)

My whirlpool Ultimate Care II fills with water but wont spin. It makes a humming sound like its trying to spin. I checked the pump and it is clear. If I disconnect the motor I can spin it by hand and it starts spinning. All the connectors are in good shape. I replaced the timer switch and get the same problem. I bypassed the lid switch and same problem. I would think it had to be the motor but it will work if i give it a spin start by hand. Any help would be appreciated!!!!