Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
PNWDrew Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 1:02:40 PM(UTC)

Also that element will not stay on constantly, by design. It cycles on and off. Did you let it run a while to let it cycle back on?
If you are having repeat thermal cut off issues you probably have airflow issues in the venting in your house.
manfred63 Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 8:30:35 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Donniewade Go to Quoted Post
I have a kenmore elite dryer. It stopped heating so I replaced the heating element. Still not heating so I replaced the thermal cutoff and high limit thermostat. Dryer element came on and got hot but went off after a few minutes. Cleaned the vent tube real well and put another cut off fuse and high limit thermostat and it did the same thing. I did notice the element may be getting hotter than normal because I could smell a burn smell before it shut off again. What could be causing the cutoff fuse and high limit thermostat to go out? Thanks

Hello,
First thought that comes to mind is to make sure you are using the correct replacement parts kit. What is the part number of the kit you are using? I show that for your dryer model number it should be a kit from FSP with part number 279973. If you are using a different part number kit, it likely has the wrong temperature rating, which can cause the cut out fuse to continue to blow.
Also, make sure the drum and door panel are all installed before trying to "test" the operation of the element. Running the machine without it being put together will cause the element to get too hot, since the blower will no longer be pulling air in across the element and into the drum.
Hope this helps!
Ken's Appliance Repair
Donniewade Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 9:03:17 AM(UTC)

I have a kenmore elite dryer. It stopped heating so I replaced the heating element. Still not heating so I replaced the thermal cutoff and high limit thermostat. Dryer element came on and got hot but went off after a few minutes. Cleaned the vent tube real well and put another cut off fuse and high limit thermostat and it did the same thing. I did notice the element may be getting hotter than normal because I could smell a burn smell before it shut off again. What could be causing the cutoff fuse and high limit thermostat to go out? Thanks