Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
vet300 Posted: Monday, March 6, 2017 7:55:41 AM(UTC)

The other one was an HVR-1X with 2219 on it. It was rectangular, not cylindrical, but I would think specs would be close. Any ideas on the cause of this microwave blowing breakers?
ThatGuy Posted: Monday, March 6, 2017 5:58:20 AM(UTC)

I couldn't find your model number, but these diodes all have pretty similar ratings, so this might work. Does it look like your old one?

LG 6021W3B001V Diode - AppliancePartsPros.com

Its for a slightly different model number MW.
vet300 Posted: Sunday, March 5, 2017 3:13:28 PM(UTC)

Microwave would start up, and sound like it was straining (drawing too much amperage) then would blow the breaker. Took it apart, the HV transformer was literally fried. Replaced the transformer, checked the capacitor, magnitron and HV diode- all tested ok. Put it all back together, and started it up- same thing- looks like it browns out like it's drawing too much amperage, and then blows the breaker. My first thought is that the capacitor is bad despite the multimeter checking it as ok. On second check of the HV diode, I checked it with a resistor and 12V battery, and unfortunately put the positive terminal on the wrong side of the resistor, so blew it up. It was an HVR 1x diode- can you tell me which diodes are ok to replace it with?
Thanks,
Sean