Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
thorning Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 4:29:11 AM(UTC)

You need to put in the model number to help identify the p/n of the timer. You can usually find it on this web site Appliance Parts Pros or an alternate location is ApplianceJunk.com . Dont be suprised if you find the cost is more than $100 in which case you should consider getting a new dryer.
ThatGuy Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 12:38:07 PM(UTC)

Can you post your model number?
Jlb86 Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 11:56:47 AM(UTC)

Where would I find a new part? Its an '80s model
ThatGuy Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 11:13:20 AM(UTC)

In that case its most likely the timer. Probably has a contact welded together inside.
Jlb86 Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 10:19:04 AM(UTC)

No the timer will notadvance on any setting. It dries just fine. But will not shut off unless the door is opened
ThatGuy Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 9:32:09 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Jlb86 Go to Quoted Post
My Kenmore dryer timer will not advance and will not shut off unless I open the door. I'm wandering if I can fix it or if I just need a new dryer.

Your description is a little vague.

The timer will not advance in any of the cycles? Even timed dry?

Does it seem to be heating OK?

When it reaches the end of a cycle (lets say you turn the knob manually) It won't shut off and the only way to stop it is to open the door?
Jlb86 Posted: Friday, February 24, 2017 4:24:03 PM(UTC)

My Kenmore dryer timer will not advance and will not shut off unless I open the door. I'm wandering if I can fix it or if I just need a new dryer.