Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2016 5:11:14 PM(UTC)

Since you just did the repair kit on this and the light was stuck on afterwards, you need to check the wires to the door switch and see if they have been cut or shorted somehow creating a new circuit.

If/when you find it, you'll need to repair the damage and test it again. Good luck.
luckey1s Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2016 1:24:55 PM(UTC)

After working the last couple days of double shifts I am just now getting back to this as my mound of laundry is growing:( I disconnected the wires to the switch and the light is still on. Any further suggestions? Thank you very much again for your help.
luckey1s Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2016 12:57:39 PM(UTC)

I actually have to head to work but I will try that when I get home (I bartend so it won't be until much later) but I will post a response as soon as I am able to. Thank you very much again for your diligence and your help:)
ThatGuy Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2016 12:11:47 PM(UTC)

OK.

That tells us the switch has no effect, but it should.

Disconnect the wires that go to the switch.

Is the light off now?
luckey1s Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2016 12:02:27 PM(UTC)

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your question...yes, the light stays on whether the door is open or closed and stays on when the button is pushed in.
ThatGuy Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2016 11:53:15 AM(UTC)

Its a simple question. The door is open, the light is on. You push in on the door switch.

Is the light still on??
luckey1s Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2016 11:44:59 AM(UTC)

I guess that is what I'm trying to find out. It worked fine before...the switch still clicks....all I did was disconnect the clip to do the repair and reconnected it afterward. Uggghhhh:(
ThatGuy Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2016 11:32:33 AM(UTC)

Does the light go out when you depress the door switch?
luckey1s Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2016 11:17:44 AM(UTC)

The light/door button worked just fine before I did the repair or before it was disconnected to do the repair. If you are talking about the button that compresses when the door is closed, yes, it does click.....any suggestions?? I really, really need to get my dryer running as soon as possible...thank you!!!
ThatGuy Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2016 10:59:36 AM(UTC)

I found this on another web site.

" Yes, the light switch is bad if the light stays on when the switch is pushed. This will also cause the unit to not start because it thinks the door is open."

Does your switch click when you push on it?