Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
CHX Posted: Friday, November 18, 2016 9:08:22 AM(UTC)

Thanks, ThatGuy. Hardest part was just pulling the machine out from the wall (which required pulling the dryer out from the wall). It's not leaking. I've attached a picture of the old one. Two of the nipples have what I think is a rubber check valve; the third one doesn't. I really didn't examine the replacement piece to see if it has two, or three, check valves.
ThatGuy Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2016 4:37:01 PM(UTC)

I would call part AP6008413, the cold water inlet valve. That's what it does.

I tried to find you a video showing how to do it, but couldn't. I did find this and it should give you an idea how to do it. At about 1:20 you can see this machine's water valves. The rest should be fairly easy.

Washer Dispenser Drawer Housing Cover (part #DC97-08800A)-How To Replace
CHX Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2016 11:02:58 AM(UTC)

Thanks. Isolated it as the cold water valve. Unplugged the machine and closed the hot and cold faucets. Drip quit. Turned cold on, and it dripped. Turned it off and turned hot on and no drip. I'll order part number AP6008413, three way cold water valve. Just to confirm, this is not the water inlet valve, correct? And do I replace it from the back or the front of the machine? Thanks again.
ThatGuy Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2016 7:53:55 PM(UTC)

If you unplug the washer and it keeps dripping, its the one of the water valves.

Then try turning just the cold water off. If it stops, its the cold water valve.

All water valves, parts 15 and 19

Parts for Maytag MAH8700AWW: Control Panel, Dispenser Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com

Cold valve.

Whirlpool WP34001248 Water Valve (3 Way) - AppliancePartsPros.com

Hot valve.

Whirlpool WP34001131 Valve-Wate (hot) - AppliancePartsPros.com
CHX Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2016 5:11:33 PM(UTC)

Maytag Neptune front loader. Water drips into drum from the water spout when not being used. It's a slow drip and will take several days to create a puddle in the drum. I have not turned off the power or shut the water off, nor conducted any trouble shooting. I suspect it's a rubber seal of some sort but seeking advice.