Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
shawnkocher508 Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 4:01:26 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
I always start with the float/overflow switch. If it should get stuck in the 'full' position, it will shut off power to the water valve. part 308 on the diagram.

Parts for GE PDW8480J10SS: Body Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com

If its OK, I check the water valve. See if its getting 120 volts during the fill part of the cycle.

part 744

Thanks for the reply. It was actually a pretty easy (and embarrassing) fix. A couple of days ago, I did some work on my garbage disposal and turned off the water to the dishwasher. Once I turned it back on, the dishwasher magically worked again!! ;-)
ThatGuy Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 3:55:11 PM(UTC)

I always start with the float/overflow switch. If it should get stuck in the 'full' position, it will shut off power to the water valve. part 308 on the diagram.

Parts for GE PDW8480J10SS: Body Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com

If its OK, I check the water valve. See if its getting 120 volts during the fill part of the cycle.

part 744
shawnkocher508 Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 12:12:32 PM(UTC)

We have a GE dishwasher (model PDW8480J10SS) that is just about 10 years old. When we press the Start button, we can hear what sounds like the normal beginning of a cleaning cycle. However, there is no water!

Not even sure where to start, so I came here. Any guidance would be appreciated.

I'm comfortable doing the repair, just need to know what is broken!

Thank you,
Shawn