Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 11:48:04 AM(UTC)

Sheet metal or a piece of plywood the size of the freezer bottom would work.

Sweating? It shouldn't, but anything is possible I suppose.
Jalcon Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 11:35:46 AM(UTC)

Thanks. I really have nowhere to put it that has a hard floor? Is it a must? Is it a safety thing? I guess I could put a piece of sheet metal where the carpet is exposed? Also, won't these parts "sweat" onto my carpet"?
ThatGuy Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 11:33:14 AM(UTC)

That opening on the back is normal. And that wiring should be just fine.

The freezer really should be on a hard floor, so it will have better airflow around the compressor.

Also nothing should touch the sides or front. It should have 3 to 4 inches of clearance on all sides.
Jalcon Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2016 3:29:24 PM(UTC)

Hey, this should be an easy one. I just got this used chest freezer, and it is odd to me that the back does not have a cover over the "service area". The bottom also has brackets and as you can see, there is not really a bottom to this area. Seems strange my carpet is just right there. Also, the guts of the power cords out in the open and what not. Is this area hazard? Should there be a true bottom, and a very for this opening? These pictures will explain it better. The SIDE of the freezer has a slotted panel that detaches. Just confused on the rear part. Thanks!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage