Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
nugentc Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2016 2:51:51 PM(UTC)

At first it seemed like things were improving with the new igniter--the oven would light right away and stay lit longer. The flame would go out at a point I thought was a little too soon, but would always come back on soon and it seemed to reach the appropriate temp.

Now after a few weeks we are back to sometimes not lighting on the first try or not staying lit for longer than a minute. I can always just keep turning it off and starting fresh and after a few tries it will eventually get going, get to the right temp, and regulate itself appropriately. It seems especially problematic, though, at higher temps (> 400). I have to do an initial start at 350 (still takes a couple of attempts) then once it is warmed up to 350, I can increase to 425 or 450.

It will then regulate itself and cycle on and off to maintain temp. But getting through those initial few minutes until it's "warmed up" is tricky.

I tested the resistance on the oven sensor and I'm getting a reading of ~500 ohms. Seems like this could be the issue, but I'm seeing conflicting info about whether this level is bad. Some info says it should be 1000-1100, and some say replace if it's less than 500 ohms. Could the sensor be the real issue, or in addition to the igniter?
nugentc Posted: Saturday, October 8, 2016 4:22:12 PM(UTC)

I ordered the igniter kit from here and installed it. Burner now lights right away and stays lit for about 2.5-3 min on preheat cycle (faster than before) and then preheat switches to bake on the LCD. At this point the burner turns off for a short period then turns on again. It continues cycling like this--on for a while, off for about 40 seconds, then on again for a couple of minutes. Is this normal or did the igniter not solve the real issue? I have never really paid attention to the oven function very closely in the past to know if this is normal.
nugentc Posted: Monday, October 3, 2016 8:36:12 AM(UTC)

I just want to follow up and clarify that I'm not suggesting that whatever is wrong with the oven caused a fire. The fire was entirely our fault but may have damaged some part. Or maybe they are totally unrelated--who knows.
nugentc Posted: Sunday, October 2, 2016 2:07:17 PM(UTC)

Our oven lights but immediately the flame goes out again. The gas flows, the ignitor ticks, there is a whoosh and then flame along the bottom that immediately goes away.

We had an oven fire a while back and it has not been quite the same since. It has gone through periods of working fine and then not intermittently since then, but in the last couple of days it has not worked at all.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I read some other threads about air flow and there were times where we could get it to light and stay lit by opening the door, but that trick isn't working anymore.