Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Saturday, October 8, 2016 9:19:12 PM(UTC)

Double posted because of site lag.
ThatGuy Posted: Saturday, October 8, 2016 9:18:10 PM(UTC)

There is a video on this page that shows how to get in there. Just in case somebody needs it.

Frigidaire 241688401 Ice Door Bracket - AppliancePartsPros.com
exprexxo Posted: Saturday, October 8, 2016 8:35:34 PM(UTC)

Well your feedback was the best I could find and I was careful from your advice. So the bezel has tabs that are in slots in the door. After some time the metal was tight. I used a chisel on the inside edge to look in and saw the tabs. Then I took a piece of card board to protect door and then a piece of wood up at the bottom of the bezel and I tapped it with a hammer. After a few taps it came loose! So your were right after the two top screws and the three bottom screws it needed to go up a quarter inch. After that it all worked. We were careful not to pull fast or hard on the ribbon cable. Thanks for replying it really helped!
cbmserviceguy Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:02:24 AM(UTC)

I've always just pulled, tugged and pried lightly to see where the sticking parts are. I have terrible luck with bezels and trim pieces though. If anybody else has better experience with them, please chime in and help out.
exprexxo Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 6:39:13 PM(UTC)

How can I detect the clips or where to push to remove them?
cbmserviceguy Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 7:21:28 AM(UTC)

Looks like there are two screws up from the bottom? Hard to tell from the diagram. Click your model number link and look at the dispenser diagram. The entire face piece comes off by itself. Looks like there are two screws up thru the lower lip of the opening and a bunch of plastic tabs as well I'm sure.
exprexxo Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2016 8:18:35 AM(UTC)

There is a large bezel with no obvious points to put pressure for to release. I have removed the screws under the spill tray and have the little spill tray trim piece off
Parts for Electrolux E23CS75DSS8: Ice & Water Dispenser Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com

after that I am stumped and do not want to bend or scratch the metal.
I am looking to replace the water actuator which has broken

Thanks,

John