Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2016 5:55:18 PM(UTC)

Did you replace this t-fuse?
http://www.appliancepartspros.c...wp3392519-ap6008325.html

If you did it could be your timer has a bad contact inside. A cheap test that sometimes tells you is to pull the timer and shake it. If it sounds like it has a loose piece of metal rattling around inside, its probably bad. You can also test it with a multi-meter. But you'll need to be able to read the timer wiring diagram.
DYIer Posted: Friday, September 23, 2016 1:06:48 PM(UTC)

My problem started with the dryer not heating.
I did lots of research and watched all the repair videos and determined to change the Gas Valve Solenoids or Coils. I started the dryer and it lit but the flame went out quickly. When I then examined the coils I realized that I had put the large one in up side down. Not sure if that was the cause of it not fixing the problem so I ordered a new set and put them in correctly. At the same time I replaced a broken door switch.

When I tried to start the dryer again, nothing happens. When I press the start button... nothing. No motor sound, nothing.

I then ordered a new Thermal Fuse, High Limit Thermostat and Start Button as these seemed to be the only things that could be causing the problem. Still nothing. And I'm at a loss as what to do next. The outlet works and still no start.

I did check everything with a multi meter, but this is not my strong point so I don't necessarily trust my readings[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]as most everything except the coils seems to show continuity, but I replaced them anyway.

WHAT'S LEFT???

Can anyone give me an idea of what I can check. There just seems to be no power going to the dryer.

Thanks for your help. This is my first time on the forum.