Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2021 2:34:51 PM(UTC)

Hello I need a DCS oven igniter for the larger oven on my double oven DCS gas stove .
I believe the part .# is 211541 is it possible that some one can help me .
yeldogt Posted: Monday, September 19, 2016 1:18:07 PM(UTC)

Yes .. for the untrained .. like myself ... the old igniter sure looked to be doing it's thing correctly. Way too hot to place your hand near ...

The new igniter was both hotter and faster to heat up. I don't have an amp meter. DCS changed the part number -- all the igniters are one parts # - 211541
cbmserviceguy Posted: Monday, September 19, 2016 4:09:18 AM(UTC)

Glad to hear you got it up and running. G=By the way, for anybody else looking at this thread at a later date, getting "hot enough" isn't really the goal. The ignitor has a resistance value which causes an amp draw. As they age and go back, that value drops and it draws fewer amps, causing the safety valve to fail in opening. An amp meter is a simple way to test an ignitor to see if it's the problem, or something else. There is a great video on the subject on youtube if you are stuck and want to spend a bit watching it.
yeldogt Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2016 2:26:12 PM(UTC)

I got the igniter from DCS -- it was an exact replacement. Fixed the problem. The old igniter looked to be getting as hot -- but I guess not. Oven fired up in about 30 seconds and even quicker on the restart.

Having seen and replaced igniters on gas heaters -- This igniter was much higher quality.
cbmserviceguy Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2016 3:49:15 AM(UTC)

Unfortunately the way of the world these days. Ignitors these days are fairly standard in design and function. With a little bit of luck, the amp draw matches and it'll fix your problem. If not, post here and I'll see what I can do. Good luck!
yeldogt Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 7:22:44 PM(UTC)

Called DCS today .. just as bad as years ago. They are very nice on the phone .. but they don't know anything. They only sell one igniter now -- so I ordered it from them ....since I can't find a cross reference to the current/ updated part.

I'm talking to an indian girl ... in Australia .. go figure. very pleasant .. but understood nothing about the product
cbmserviceguy Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 10:43:53 AM(UTC)

It does indeed sound like an ignitor going bad. You can check the amp draw with a meter to be sure. Google your model number and ignitor to track down a new one. If you still have trouble, post a photo of it here. Good luck!
yeldogt Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:39:24 AM(UTC)

I have an original DCS range .. made by DCS before being bought by F&P. The stove has a large and small oven as well as 4 burners /grill/ griddle. This is an all gas model with a broiler in the large oven. The small oven is not lighting. I removed the panels for the small oven and I see the igniter going on .. but the gas is not flowing. If I tap the valve .. it lights. Occasionally it will fire up on it's own.

I read that if the igniter is not pulling enough amps -- the valve will not open. Maybe it's just on the edge ... or possibly the valve? The unit is 20 years old --- never any problem or parts replaced. I'm thinking I should replace the igniter and see if that fixes the problem before taking it apart to replace the valve.

My DCS parts manual list the igniter as 16009-01 -- calling it a small igniter. The grill uses the same part. They show the large oven and the griddle using 16009-1 and the broiler using 16009-02. On the DCS parts site (F&P) -- they only list one igniter .. and it looks different?

Can anyone tell me how to get a part number?

I contacted F&P years ago to get parts for my outdoor grill and stove -- difficult to get answers .. and they did not have the part!