Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
brobriffin Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:59:33 AM(UTC)

True, but something is causing the motor to trip the over heat mechanism and shut it down. Have you run another test in the meantime to see if it would complete without shutting down?
Picklefall1 Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:39:53 AM(UTC)

I had just replaced the motor only 1 month ago. I can't imagine it's time to replace it again.
brobriffin Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 4:24:47 AM(UTC)

With that result I say the motor is going bad and needs to be replaced. Whirlpool 279827 Dryer Drive Motor - AppliancePartsPros.com
Picklefall1 Posted: Monday, September 19, 2016 7:49:50 PM(UTC)

I ran a full load and the dryer cut off at around 125F (about 5 minutes in and the dryer felt pretty hot to the touch) according to the thermometer. I tried to restart it but couldn't for about 2 minutes. Then I could restart it and it went until the halfway point and cut off at 127F (this time the dryer didn't feel too hot). I was able to restart it immediately this time. Then it actually went all the way till it was all done. During all of that, I noticed that the temps cycled between 119F to around 140F. This is better than before I replaced all those components, but it would be nice for the dryer to never cut off and never overheat (or for me to figure out why it now does that sometimes).
brobriffin Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2016 10:39:58 AM(UTC)

Please try again on high heat setting. After the dryer stops as you stated previously. Try restarting it right away and then every 1 to 2 minutes after that until it starts. Give us the results.
Picklefall1 Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2016 9:08:49 AM(UTC)

I can run the dryer for over 20 minutes on no heat fluff and everything is fine. The machine doesn't overheat and the load goes through the entire cycle without stopping until the end. I don't think that would happen if the motor was overheating.
brobriffin Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2016 9:02:26 AM(UTC)

163 is not out of the limits. Now will it restart? If not The thermal fuse may have blown. If it does restart then the motor, which has an overload protection device that is tripping, is the issue. This indicates that the motor is overheating, overworked or going bad. The result would be replacing the motor. Again an exhaust temp of 163 isn't overheating so my money is on a bad motor. If so here is the part you need.
Whirlpool 279827 Dryer Drive Motor - AppliancePartsPros.com
Picklefall1 Posted: Friday, September 16, 2016 9:00:02 AM(UTC)

The temperature got as high as 163F and then the dryer shut off.
brobriffin Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 10:44:33 AM(UTC)

small hole = no problem
Picklefall1 Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 8:54:09 AM(UTC)

I'll try that, but will I need to replace my vent hose after that, or will that small hole not be a problem?