Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ErikGoBlue Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2017 4:17:11 AM(UTC)

Did you ever figure out the issue on this? I have the same exact issue in my GE Profile French door fridge including the air flow / vent situation.

Originally Posted by: Sparky7 Go to Quoted Post
4 yr old GE Profile won't make ice. I replaced the water filter. Water is filling the icemaker but it is not freezing. I have cycled the icemaker by the reset procedure in the service manual. No change. The actual/set temps of the freezer and frig are within 1 degree of each other set at 1 and 39. Interesting observation...when it was working, I had cold air blowing from the upper duct into the ice compartment. Now I don't from the upper duct but I now do from the lower duct which according to the service manual is the return duct to the freezer. I see there is an ice blower fan supposed to blow cold air from the freezer into the upper duct and return by the lower duct so how am I now getting cold air blowing from the lower duct only? The airflow diagram in the service manual doesn't show a fan blowing cold air thru the lower duct. At this point, I don't know if I have an ice fan issue, a control board issue or an icemaker assy issue. According to the diagnostics, all the thermistors passed. Any ideas?
Sparky7 Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2016 4:58:26 PM(UTC)

4 yr old GE Profile won't make ice. I replaced the water filter. Water is filling the icemaker but it is not freezing. I have cycled the icemaker by the reset procedure in the service manual. No change. The actual/set temps of the freezer and frig are within 1 degree of each other set at 1 and 39. Interesting observation...when it was working, I had cold air blowing from the upper duct into the ice compartment. Now I don't from the upper duct but I now do from the lower duct which according to the service manual is the return duct to the freezer. I see there is an ice blower fan supposed to blow cold air from the freezer into the upper duct and return by the lower duct so how am I now getting cold air blowing from the lower duct only? The airflow diagram in the service manual doesn't show a fan blowing cold air thru the lower duct. At this point, I don't know if I have an ice fan issue, a control board issue or an icemaker assy issue. According to the diagnostics, all the thermistors passed. Any ideas?