Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Anonpirate Posted: Thursday, August 4, 2016 3:57:25 PM(UTC)

Thanks again!
brobriffin Posted: Thursday, August 4, 2016 3:29:20 PM(UTC)

Although the beer sounds good save your money and provide for that baby! I'm only to glad to help.
Anonpirate Posted: Thursday, August 4, 2016 3:16:47 PM(UTC)

Brobriffin,
Today I received the part and it works! I thank you for your time and patience, you were the only person to respond! Having a new born 2 weeks ago I was short on money and time but I'm glad I found you! I finally understand how it works, when I set the timer to 30 min it shorts the L1 line to the red giving power to the heating element. Glad you were able to teach me something new wish you were here so I could buy you a beer! Thank you so much!
Anonpirate Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 8:55:21 PM(UTC)

Thank You Brobriffin! I'll order the part and let you know the results.
brobriffin Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2016 4:42:38 AM(UTC)

I found your schematic and if you do not have continuity between black and red then no heat! If this is your case replace the timer. You can get one right here Whirlpool WPW10185982 Timer - AppliancePartsPros.com Keep in mind the APP policy of Buy N Try (if this isn't your problem the part can be returned) see the ad (365 day buy n try)
The orange comes from the thermostats to complete a circuit for the timer motor.
Anonpirate Posted: Monday, August 1, 2016 6:14:24 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the reply Brobriffin! Can you explain to me what's supposed to happen? I studied the wiring diagram trying to understand it but the timer is supposed to short between the red and black wires? The L1 (black) and red which goes to the heating element does nothing on my meter when I turn the timer to 30 minutes. Also there's an orange wire that goes from the heating element hi limit thermostat directly to the timer. I just want to understand how this works. Also was the temp selector suppose to do what I had described?
brobriffin Posted: Monday, August 1, 2016 5:43:03 PM(UTC)

Sounds like burnt contacts. Time for a new timer!
Anonpirate Posted: Monday, August 1, 2016 2:28:46 PM(UTC)

Greetings Brobriffin! I have connected my leads to the thicker red & black wires that are next to each other on the timer while set to 30 minutes and there is no continuity.
Anonpirate Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2016 4:21:30 PM(UTC)

Appreciate the quick reply! I will check this for continuity once I get home then continue further testing.
brobriffin Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2016 3:43:27 PM(UTC)

I would really like to see if you have continuity from the heavy gauge black wire coming in from the electric terminal to the heavy gauge red wire when the timer is turned on. They should be next to one another plugged into the timer in a three wire terminal block. Watch the video Whirlpool WPW10185982 Timer - AppliancePartsPros.com to see the wires I describe.