Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
djarelt Posted: Saturday, December 2, 2017 10:52:57 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: brobriffin Go to Quoted Post
Look underneath the machine at the rotor. See if it looks like oil splatter in the plastic as well as out. Does the machine make a growling noise or sound like a freight train during spin cycle? Your problem may be bad bearings causing the UL code to occur. This true direct drive system has a big problem leaking water past the tub seal wearing out the bearings. If this is the case you can buy the bearing kit here @ Whirlpool W10435302 Bearing and Tub Seal Kit - AppliancePartsPros.com You will need a bearing press as well @ Whirlpool W10447783 Bearing Installation Tool - AppliancePartsPros.com you can see an installation video at this link as well.

When I lift my washer, it does look like oil spatter all over. I have a MVWB450WQ2, which my wife absolutely hates. I am getting the uL code at the 12 minute left mark. I have tested the suspension and they seem fine. The allen nut on the rotor seemed to be tight at well. The washer has been running loud, as if I had a freight train in my basement. Ideas? From what I am reading, it seems like the freight train in probably the bearings needing to be replaced. Correct?
Johnart Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 4:45:20 AM(UTC)

IT WORKED!! I got the parts from APP in a very timely manner. It was an easy install once I figured it out. (I should have watched a video) We have done several loads both large and small loads and have had no issues. Thank you for your assistance!
brobriffin Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2016 6:50:42 PM(UTC)

That's great Johnart, I really think that will solve the issue. Please reply and let us know the outcome. Thanks for using our forum and shopping APP.
Johnart Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2016 4:09:59 AM(UTC)

I watched the video and ordered the suspension rod kit from APP. I will let you know if it helped when I get them installed. Thank you for your assistance.
brobriffin Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 5:25:42 AM(UTC)

Johnart, I have replaced bearing kits on several units that have had minor cracking on the plastic part of the stator and it didn't cause issues. I'm not saying this can't happen but I suspect something else. Try the bounce test again, push down on the corners sharply and release. There should be no bounce at all. The basket should return to the highest position and stop. I just shot a video of the spring response you should expect. https://youtu.be/ILYGQ9t0v0Y
Johnart Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 4:01:42 AM(UTC)

I ran the rinse and spin cycle and it seemed to run fine. However, it did seem there was more noise than what I expected for the spin cycle.
Johnart Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 8:27:25 PM(UTC)

I have not tried it. I will see what happens tomorrow and let you know. Thanks.
Hmbre97 Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 7:35:37 PM(UTC)

So suspension seemed fine when doing the bounce test and now it goes out of balance when empty. Could a cracked stator cause a balance issue? Mine had a couple minor cracks on the interior but I didn't think it would be a problem since it is a stationary part.
brobriffin Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 6:44:57 PM(UTC)

Johnart! Does it go out of balance when empty?
Johnart Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 4:41:16 AM(UTC)

I am having the same issue but with a Whirlpool Cabrio top load machine. I have had a repairman look at it and he says the stator is cracked. It is easy to inspect, so I checked it myself after he left. There is just minimal cracks in the stator around the inside. Does anybody think this would cause the imbalance issue. Or do I just spend the $150 on the part and try it? I have also replaced the bearings and shaft on this machine 6 months ago. I did the test on the suspension rods and see no issues. Any advice is appreciated!