Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Avalon2005 Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 10:44:56 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Nater13 Go to Quoted Post
The sound you are taking to be the motor could be the water valve trying to fill for rinse. If the cold side of the valve is clogged (debris and scale can clog the screen) and the machine is set for cold water rinse, it will stop the cycle from completing. Some machines ONLY have cold water rinse. Listen to the sound with your ear close to the fill hoses and you may find the culprit to be the water valve. This model also is equipped with the "actuator" that senses tub spin and shifts between agitate and spin part# w10006355, if the cold and hot side of your fill valve is OK, I would suspect this part next as it is the source of many odd symptoms on this model!

I replaced the actuator this morning and my washer runs like new. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Nater.
Appliance Medics Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2016 9:36:24 AM(UTC)

There should be a small belt and pulley underneath the washer I would inspect that next. If the belt came off its most likely caused by a stripped pulley and I would replace them both. If that's not the case then things can get a little more complicated as you would have to test between the motor, capacitor, and actuator to be able to determine if one or the other has failed
Avalon2005 Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2016 9:15:06 AM(UTC)

There was no blockage in the hot or cold hoses. In my original post I stated that it sounded like the motor continued to run after the wash cycle was complete. I think "churning" would be a better way to describe what I'm hearing. It's similar to the sound the washer makes during the spin cycle, but the tub is not spinning. Should I try replacing the actuator? And is there any other part that could be causing this problem?

Oh, one more thing. My washer has a separate setting just for "rinse and spin." I was able to fill the tub at this setting, but the agitator would not engage and the tub would not spin. When I switched the machine to "drain and spin" the water drained from the tub but it wouldn't spin at this setting, either.

Please note that the washer works fine during the wash cycle. The problem starts at the beginning of the rinse cycle.
Appliance Medics Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 2:54:06 AM(UTC)

That's exactly it. Remove the hose and look on the inside where it connects to the washer. If it's full of dirt gotta clean it out I suggest holding paper towle underneath and using a squirt bottle to blast the debris out without ruining the screen on the inside
Avalon2005 Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 7:11:48 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the info, Nater. I'll check as you suggested when I get home from work. This washer does, in fact, only have a cold water rinse. Just to be clear, should I remove the cold water hose where it attaches to the machine and check for debris there?
Appliance Medics Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 3:36:48 PM(UTC)

Nater's got the gist of it there. Let us know what you dind
Nater13 Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 10:00:18 AM(UTC)

The sound you are taking to be the motor could be the water valve trying to fill for rinse. If the cold side of the valve is clogged (debris and scale can clog the screen) and the machine is set for cold water rinse, it will stop the cycle from completing. Some machines ONLY have cold water rinse. Listen to the sound with your ear close to the fill hoses and you may find the culprit to be the water valve. This model also is equipped with the "actuator" that senses tub spin and shifts between agitate and spin part# w10006355, if the cold and hot side of your fill valve is OK, I would suspect this part next as it is the source of many odd symptoms on this model!
Avalon2005 Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 9:39:27 AM(UTC)

The rinse cycle on my Kenmore washer stopped working. It sounds like the motor continues to run after the wash cycle ends, the LED for the lid lock flashes and then turns off, and the lid lock releases. I replaced the electronic control board on the washer but that didn't fix the problem. Can anyone help me?