Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:31:01 AM(UTC)

Great, you are the second person in the last several days to show us how to make repair tools for Maytag and avoid the huge cost of the specialty tools.

Thanks for sharing that with us. It will be very helpful to a lot of folks.
jdog Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:27:40 PM(UTC)

I thought I would show the tools I made in case anyone else might want to try making them for themselves. I used a scrap piece of 1x4 pine and two 1/4" bolts for the one tool, and 3" PVC cap, a 1'x1/2" threaded rod and some 1/2" nuts and washers for the other. I used a 2" hole saw, a quarter round file, a jig saw, and 1/2" and 1/8" drill bits to make them. It took about an hour to make them both and cost me about $7.
sidfink43 Posted: Friday, November 6, 2009 5:37:53 PM(UTC)

Great, and glad you were able to make your own tools as those specialty ones are not all that useful elsewhere.
jdog Posted: Friday, November 6, 2009 5:25:32 PM(UTC)

I finished the repair tonight. Everything seems to be working fine and it's not leaking. There were a lot of steps involved, but none of them were all that difficult. The scariest part was the expensive tools that the directions say you need. They were almost $200. Fortunately I was able to make my own for less than $10. Thanks again for all your help!
sidfink43 Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 2:17:42 PM(UTC)

Good, I think if you are patient and take your time you will be able to do it. Let us know how it turns out.
jdog Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 1:41:50 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the help. I'm going to take a shot at fixing it myself.
sidfink43 Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 5:28:56 PM(UTC)

Here is a Maytag tech bulletin which will show you what you need and how to do it.

http://www.servicematters.com/m...rary/docs/TDL-0060-B.pdf

You will have to judge whether or not the repair is worth the cost.
jdog Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 3:07:32 PM(UTC)

My washer is leaking under the tub where the transmission is. It appears to be a bad seal. Is it worth fixing? I have some experience fixing my own washer. Is this something I can do myself? Exactly what parts and/or special tools are required? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.