Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Friday, March 15, 2024 4:21:09 PM(UTC)

Thanks to Bran9133 and to Patrick131. I just fixed my Refrigerator because of this information. Patrick illuminated the wiring colors.Great info, I am so thankful for it. My refrigerator is only 7 years old. Do turn off power before fooling with the wires. Also know how to mend them before you cut.I did not have much wire to work with on the one end.
Guest Posted: Saturday, October 21, 2023 5:54:22 AM(UTC)

Thank you, Blumeau, I have the same problem, but only the red wire was corroded in the left bottom behind the grate. It appears that the protective wire insulation is not tight fitting and allows for moisture to travel/trickle down from the water dispenser area right onto the 3-wire crimp. Cheers!
Guest Posted: Friday, September 9, 2022 12:40:03 PM(UTC)

I had the same problem with my fridge too. Sure enough it was that connector. Turned power off, cut wires, respliced and it works perfect now. Thanks everyone
Guest Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2021 7:59:56 AM(UTC)

Mine was exactly this. In the lower hinge of the freezer side remove the kicker panel from the very bottom. I found my white connector and it was completely corroded. Cue the blue red and black and matched white to red
Blue to blue, black to black. Worked like a charm!
Guest Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2021 7:56:28 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: bran9133 Go to Quoted Post
The problem has nothing to do with the motherboard nor the dispenser panel. The water filter also is not causing the problem. (I too replaced mine with a bypass.)

The solution is in the wiring that runs to the front panel ice/water dispenser. Assuming our fridges are identical, with the doors closed remove the plastic toe kick (two screws). At the bottom left you will see a trio (as I recall) of wires that pass from under the left-hand side of the unit and enter the left (freezer) door at the bottom. (The plastic water pipe to the dispenser also is here.) These wires may be wrapped in yellow tape and attached to the fridge frame with the same tape. Remove the tape.

When exposed you will see that these wires pass through a white plastic connector that cannot be unconnected. If you look closely, you will see that one of these very thin wires has probably broken or become unattached. The wires are colored so you will have no difficulty determining which wire that enters the connector belongs to which wire that exits the connector.

Cut the corresponding wire (make sure the fridge is unplugged) and attach it to the broken wire on the other side. Use yellow electrical tape to protect this connection and tape this wire to the top of the white connector (just so everything stays together). (I'm really not sure what purpose the connector serves. In any case, you cannot buy a replacement.)

Using generous applications of the same yellow tape, bind the entire trio of wires and the plastic connector together. Then attach it to the fridge frame as it was before you started so it will not break or become worn when you open the fridge door repeatedly.

This should solve your problem.

While the dispenser panel is removed, take a look at the solenoid mounted beside it that controls the chute through which the ice exits. If yours is like mine, it probably is rusted and should be replaced, a very simple job.

Guest Posted: Sunday, December 19, 2021 3:08:59 PM(UTC)

The problem has nothing to do with the motherboard nor the dispenser panel. The water filter also is not causing the problem. (I too replaced mine with a bypass.)

The solution is in the wiring that runs to the front panel ice/water dispenser. Assuming our fridges are identical, with the doors closed remove the plastic toe kick (two screws). At the bottom left you will see a trio (as I recall) of wires that pass from under the left-hand side of the unit and enter the left (freezer) door at the bottom. (The plastic water pipe to the dispenser also is here.) These wires may be wrapped in yellow tape and attached to the fridge frame with the same tape. Remove the tape.

When exposed you will see that these wires pass through a white plastic connector that cannot be unconnected. If you look closely, you will see that one of these very thin wires has probably broken or become unattached. The wires are colored so you will have no difficulty determining which wire that enters the connector belongs to which wire that exits the connector.

Cut the corresponding wire (make sure the fridge is unplugged) and attach it to the broken wire on the other side. Use yellow electrical tape to protect this connection and tape this wire to the top of the white connector (just so everything stays together). (I'm really not sure what purpose the connector serves. In any case, you cannot buy a replacement.)

Using generous applications of the same yellow tape, bind the entire trio of wires and the plastic connector together. Then attach it to the fridge frame as it was before you started so it will not break or become worn when you open the fridge door repeatedly.

While the dispenser panel is removed, take a look at the solenoid mounted beside it that controls the chute through which the ice exits. If yours is like mine, it probably is rusted and should be replaced, a very simple job.

How do you remove the dispenser panel?

Guest Posted: Monday, November 29, 2021 10:59:32 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Blumeau Go to Quoted Post
Solved, GE freezer panel not working or intermittent. Found wires in connector at lower left corner of freezer door, (remove grate), had corroded and white wire was completely dissolved. Replaced connectors with 3 small gauge butt crimps. Back to Normal operation.

Same issue! Really late reply but thanks! This is exactly what fixed mine.
JohnM20 Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2021 10:19:05 PM(UTC)

Hi! Thanks for your tips. I have Kenmore Elite (these one https://www.bestadvisor....ide-by-side-refrigerator ). Your tips helped to fix the issue
Guest Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2021 12:01:26 PM(UTC)

Thanks a ton for your suggestion about the door wiring connection at the bottom; EXACTLY the problem
Guest Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2021 11:59:44 AM(UTC)