Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2021 5:43:58 PM(UTC)

Oh - wow - I i know this is an old thread - but of electric convection oven does the same. I will come up to correct temp with pre-heating, but will then not heat again and the temperature drops. In convect mode, it works fine. Do oven use “convect” mode to preheat?

Bad elements? Sensor? Or control board?

Guest Posted: Saturday, May 8, 2021 6:29:52 PM(UTC)

I am wondering if Nealu... has anything further to report on what caused his problem. I believe I have a similar problem with our stove, the only difference is that ours has been like this from new but the warrantee representative refused to do anything about it. He concluded the temperature was too high and suggested we lower the temperature 20 degrees. He measured this after he turned the oven on and it had come up to temperature. He never stayed around to see what happens to the oven over time. I would possibly replace the control board if this would fix it but I don't want to spend that kind of money with no positive results.
Guest Posted: Monday, May 3, 2021 4:21:50 PM(UTC)

I fixed it. After changing the control board and temperature sensor, it was fixed when I put in a new igniter. The igniter works when cold, but not after it heats up. In hindsight I realize the sound of the gas "luffing" was a symptom of igniter failure.
Gene Posted: Monday, March 29, 2021 7:51:17 PM(UTC)

Dear Guest.
What is the compete model number of the oven?
How did you measure the temperature in the oven?
Thank you.
Guest Posted: Monday, March 29, 2021 5:38:05 PM(UTC)

Hi, we have. GE Profile oven and just replaced the temperature probe, however we still have the same problem. In Convection mode it works fine, however, in Bake mode, the oven heats to the desired temperature, but does not hold that temperature and often looses about 50 degrees in a very short period of time. I noticed above, that there was mention of possibly replacing the Control Board. Can anyone let me know if that fixed the problem, or anything else I should check or do first?
Guest Posted: Monday, March 29, 2021 5:22:51 PM(UTC)

Hi, we have. GE Profile oven and just replaced the temperature probe, however we still have the same problem. In Convection mode it works fine, however, in Bake mode, the oven heats to the desired temperature, but does not hold that temperature and often looses about 50 degrees in a very short period of time. I noticed above, that there was mention of possibly replacing the Control Board. Can anyone let me know if that fixed the problem, or anything else I should check or do first?
Nealu Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 1:32:11 PM(UTC)

I have replaced the sensor. Purchased from Appliancepartspro. I really don't know what to do other than just live with the situation. Unit was $1800 and it should have lasted longer for that amount of money.
Joe / APP Team Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 1:25:28 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Nealu Go to Quoted Post
This is really getting strange. I just was on a chat with Jenn air customer service and they said the top element does not come on during preheat or bake. Your chart clearly shows it does. I have never seen the top element turn on during preheat of bake even when the oven was new. I guess I'll just try to cook mostly convection from now on and if I need to use the conventional oven, I'll preheat with the convection and then switch over to the conventional.

Thank you for your help.

Nealu, Denman is correct, the broil element does cycle off and on in the pre heat and bake cycle, but it's only at 10 to 20 % of the cycle(you wont see it glow red, like the bake element).Start by checking/replacing the oven temp. sensor. They can loose calibration after years of service or after a self clean cycle.
Nealu Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 12:52:11 PM(UTC)

This is really getting strange. I just was on a chat with Jenn air customer service and they said the top element does not come on during preheat or bake. Your chart clearly shows it does. I have never seen the top element turn on during preheat of bake even when the oven was new. I guess I'll just try to cook mostly convection from now on and if I need to use the conventional oven, I'll preheat with the convection and then switch over to the conventional.

Thank you for your help.
denman Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 7:13:12 AM(UTC)

See the attachment for a page from a service manual which covers this unit.
It shows that the bake and broil elements cycle when in bake and bake pre-heat.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!