Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
mdjetdoc Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2016 3:08:19 PM(UTC)

Thank you. I have it heating again, though this is the third thermal fuse. I did find there was significant clogging in the vent so hopefully cleaning that out will help.
denman Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2016 1:45:25 AM(UTC)

Sorry but I do not know.
I can tell you that black is usually L1.

I did go searching and found the following it has a link to a wiring diagram but I have no idea how or if the diagram is close to yours.
http://www.diyforums.net/amana-...d-the-pro...-135842.html
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
mdjetdoc Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 8:31:38 PM(UTC)

Denman,
Thanks for the reply. No luck on the schematic inside the control area. Just to understand, I have two long wires that feed to the element area, one orange and one black. Both come from the cycling thermostat which I replaced today. Any suggestion on which wire (orange or black) connects directly to the element and which connects to the post on the hi-limit fuse? or does it matter?
denman Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:20:34 PM(UTC)

Sorry but I cannot find a wiring diagram for this unit.
Have you looked inside the control console?
Sometimes they store them in there.

Looking at the parts breakdown and going by what is normal.

One side of the heating element goes to the centrifugal switch on the motor.
The other side goes to one side of the thermal fuse.
The other side of the thermal fuse goes to the hi-limit thermostat.
The other side of the high limit goes to the timer or the temperature select switch (usually the timer)
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
mdjetdoc Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 11:31:57 AM(UTC)

Dryer was not heating. Removed heating element and changed the thermal fuse, but failed to note wire connections (thought I could remember). Need to know the proper wire connections for the heating element, thermal fuse and hi-temp fuse. Can't find a video or a schematic for that model.
One note, I put it back together based on a video I found of a different Amana model. Ran one load and blew the thermal fuse again. Hi-limit fuse tests good as does the element. The auto dry cycle will not advance...just continues to run