Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2022 6:32:22 PM(UTC)

Same here. My Jenn Air JMC8127DDS just phantom starts auto defrosting on its own. Just started on the last six months or so. My unit is about 15 years old so I’m guessing the circuit board is to blame but I can’t confirm.
Guest Posted: Thursday, June 3, 2021 8:11:17 AM(UTC)

Our Jenn Air Model JMC 8127DDB is now coming on by itself. So far, until we replace or fix, we have found that locking the doors seems to keep it from coming on by itself. Our plan was to replace our entire kitchen and appliances but not just yet. Perhaps this fix will get us by for a while and safely. Also, we keep a jar of water in the microwave. A new control board is about $167 for a DIY. Might as well buy a work around microwave oven than fix an older appliance at that price. FWIW
jeffmit Posted: Saturday, June 3, 2017 10:40:14 AM(UTC)

Anyone know how to fix this, or have you seen this happen before? It is still happening with our microwave Jenn Air microwave model #JMC9158AAS... Good times, any suggestions? Thank you!

google search says it might be a main control board

I also see others have had similar issues https://www.saferproducts.gov/ViewIncident/1275451
jeffmit Posted: Monday, January 2, 2017 10:38:33 AM(UTC)

I am curious if you fixed this? We are having the same problem on a Jenn Air microwave model #JMC9158AAS. The first time it happened I just reset the breaker to reset it and I thought I fixed it... But it still happens randomly now. sometimes it just turns on when I close the door, pressing cancel will not stop it. I have to open and close the door again. It just started happening a week ago... What did you do to fix it?

Anyone else with suggestions? I appreciate your input!

Thank you - happy New Year!
tracygre Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2016 4:50:25 AM(UTC)

My Jenn-Air Microwave Model JMC8127DDS randomly turns on by itself and sometimes locks by itself. When it randomly turns on by itself, it doesn't respond by pressing the stop/clear button. The only way to stop it is to open the door. It will also randomly start an automatic defrost. There have been many times where I will open the door, close the door, then be able to stop it by pressing stop/clear. Then, it will randomly start again once I close the door. This may happen 3-5 more times immediately afterwards and then be fine the rest of the day (or at least while I'm home). I'm concerned this is happening when I'm not home... How do we fix this? Any help would be appreciated!!
Thank you!
Tracy