Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 5:30:16 PM(UTC)

Me too it seems to be a problem with these models. My question is how long did it fix it for you Mike? I have had best buy tech out five times in two years he replaced all my temp sensors two years ago now same problem!
Guest Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2021 7:38:09 AM(UTC)

I am having a problem with my Samsung fridge freezer model rf24fsedbsr which is freezing the food in fridge section , this problem came about 2 years ago first with the ice dispenser getting blocked with all the ice clogged up, defrosted it and then soon after there was some noise from the back panel like the fan not being able to turn freely and soon after the fridge was getting colder and started freezing up all the fresh food and eversince I have been having to turn off the fridge nearly every night, sometimes I would forget to turn off and the fridge would start to freez the stuff. Any suggestions to correct the problem please? Thanks Firooz
Guest Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2021 7:34:54 AM(UTC)

I am having a problem with my Samsung fridge freezer model rf24fsedbsr which is freezing the food in fridge section , this problem came about 2 years ago first with the ice dispenser getting blocked with all the ice clogged up, defrosted it and then soon after there was some noise from the back panel like the fan not being able to turn freely and soon after the fridge was getting colder and started freezing up all the fresh food and eversince I have been having to turn off the fridge nearly every night, sometimes I would forget to turn off and the fridge would start to freez the stuff. Any suggestions to correct the problem please? Thanks Firooz
Mike_2222 Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 8:07:48 AM(UTC)

FIXED the overcooling: After spending so much money I fixed it myself:
Short Story:
1) Found my Samsung model + version
2) Found 2 temperature sensors for my model (RF263BEAESR/AA version 2)
DA32-10104N
DA32-00011C
3) Changed the above sensors
4) DONE
PS, Start with small steps:
Make sure your panel temperature set to a higher temperature and it is not to Power Freeze
If you have an extra freezer/fridge, then move your food to those and unplug this fridge for 72 hours
Now if it still freezes your food, it is time to do some repair:
a) Change the above temperature sensors (according to your model)
b) If that does not work change Mainboard
c) and if that doesn't fix it, then if you think the display panel does not work, you can change that
Good luck

Long Story:
I asked a technician (with a high review) to come and fix this overcooling:
He came, charged my $80 for service call and said the solution is to come next time bring two parts: Mainboard and Display Panel, change all and it will fix it!!
The suggested solution would have cost me $400 for part + $200 labor - $80 (waiving the service charge)!
Then I decided to do what he suggested but to do it myself
I changed the mainboard: it did not fix the overcooling
Then I was desperate and also changed the display panel and that also did not solve the issue
Then I realized that the temperature difference between the temperature that the display panel shows (not the set temperature) and the inside temperature (measured with a thermometer). The temperature difference was more than 8 C
I looked through the repair pdf for the fridge and found two temperature sensor located in the top part behind the cover (one on the left side of the fan and the other one on the right side of the cooling system)
I found my model and the version and changed the sensors (see short story)
I think this sensor had a problem

But I changed the other sensor too (connected to the top)

Finally after so much time and money I fixed this issue!
Hope this can help some people who have a similar issue with this fridge.
Good luck
zeus30 Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2017 6:22:55 PM(UTC)

I was having the same issue with a samsung fridge.The problem was a faulty main board.Thanks https://ilektroepiskevi.gr/
jschnell1203 Posted: Thursday, June 8, 2017 7:30:15 AM(UTC)

I'm having the same issue with samsung rf263beaesr/aa and I've downloaded the service manual for it and found that a sensor is reading about 0 volts and should be between 1.2 and 5. The sensors says 5:Icemaker-Sensor on next to last page and you check it on the computer board at check points 1-7. I tried to unplug the ice maker auger and this lets is go up to 5 volts and check the resistance on the thermister and it's about 10k. Then I thought maybe it's shorted out to the motor and took it all apart and it wasn't. I'm still leary of replacing the auger assy but might try it. I also try to leave the ice maker plug and it complained defroster bad or something like that. I did noticed some talk about updated ice maker parts and even a different computer board too.

like the auger Part Number DA97-12540G (AP6025062) replaces PS11758619, DA97-12540A.
jeepguy25 Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 7:29:31 AM(UTC)

Anyone fix this? I am having the same issue with an RF4287HARS.

Mine came to be not working, but with a brand new control board. Turns out one of the wires on the harness was in the wrong spot, due to a revision of the board, or something else. So I moved the wire, and the fridge/freezer was working amazing.

Freezer is sitting at 0 degrees (confirmed). This unit has that flex drawer in between the fridge and freezer, and it is sitting at 37 degrees (confirmed) and thats where its set.

Fridge is set at 46, as high as it will go. Confirmed temp is 25-30. Its freezing the milk its so cold.

I havent taken mine apart yet, but I plan to start testing tonight. I want to test the resistance of the thermisters, but I plan to do it back at the control board. The other thing I want to do is make sure everything else is wired correctly.

One other thing...the service manual has a procedure for temp correction. Im not 100% clear if it changes the temperature that the fridge actually goes to...or if its just a correction factor so if you KNOW the fridge is 30 degrees, the display will show 30 degrees.

My last resort is to buy a new control board, but try to find one with the exact numbers/revision that my unit calls for.

Justin
Typoboy Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2017 8:22:39 AM(UTC)

Hi sseiyah,

Were you able to figure out the problem? I am having the exact same problem with this model fridge so would really like to hear the root cause if you got it working

Cheers,

Typo
eric-nord Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 11:24:49 AM(UTC)

Defrosted fridge cause it was frozen over and fan was making a bad sound
Now fridge is freezing our food solid.
Ordered temperature sensor and defrost sensor - will give it a go and update.
zkc85 Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 1:51:06 PM(UTC)

Where you able to fix the issue with your fridge? I am experiencing the same problem and I am at a lost on what to do. Your response is greatly appreciated.