Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 1:15:01 AM(UTC)

I went to the Whirlpool site and looked up the manua;ls for your a unit in this series of cooktops and in a parts listing found the following.
Click on the picture for more info about the part.
Part number: AP3885168
Part number: AP3885168

Note that this does not attach it to the countertop. It just stops crud from getting under the unit.

UI think you heed a couple brackets to hold it to the countertop.
Part number: AP3963020
Part number: AP3963020

If you do not have it go to the Whirlpool website and under Support download an install manual.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
fjkenny Posted: Monday, November 16, 2015 4:08:46 PM(UTC)

Hello, I bought a replacement glass cooktop last week through the site and although the old one came up easily, the new one just slides around unless I can attach it to the granite counter top in some way. Looking through the forum there is mention of seal tape, but I cannot find the part online. Chatting with customer service the part no is 3191948 but it is discontinued and she could not find an equivalent.

Anyone know what I can use? I was surprised something did not come with the glass top. I could use silicone caulk but that seems too bulky.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.