Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Friday, October 9, 2015 12:25:45 PM(UTC)

Thanks and good luck!
josh9676 Posted: Friday, October 9, 2015 12:21:12 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Well you did a thorough job here of attempting to diagnose the problem. I am left with the conclusion that the transmission is at fault and given the age of the machine replacing it with a nice new basic no frills, no electronics top loader is probably the way to go.

That is kind of what I feared... I was hoping there was a compression spring that may have broken that applied pressure to the transmission pulley somewhere that I could not see. Thank you for your response, you probably saved me a lot of headache.
sidfink43 Posted: Friday, October 9, 2015 8:43:54 AM(UTC)

Well you did a thorough job here of attempting to diagnose the problem. I am left with the conclusion that the transmission is at fault and given the age of the machine replacing it with a nice new basic no frills, no electronics top loader is probably the way to go.
josh9676 Posted: Thursday, October 8, 2015 6:56:00 PM(UTC)

Good Evening Everybody.

I put a heavy load of clothes in my Maytag washer tonight and went back upstairs. It started making an extremely loud ratcheting/drillhammer noise and the drum was not spinning. I took all of the clothes out of the machine and tried to start it again with no luck. I tore the bottom portion apart so I could watch what was making the noise. The motor is turning the belt fine and it has no problems turning the transmission drive pully. The problem occurs when trying to transfer the movement to the drive lug. The transmission drive pulley seems to hop up and down on the drive lug as if there is not enough friction between the two. I took the drive lug off and all of the splines are in good shape, same with the splines on the shaft. Is there a spring that would hold tension down on the pulley to prevent this that could be broken? Everything seems fine other than the fact the pulley can just jump up and down freely on the drive lug so it cannot transfer the energy to the shaft that spins the tub. (The tub is spinning freely so its not like it is getting locked up) Thoughts on what may be wrong?