Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
CletusT Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2015 7:58:11 PM(UTC)

Does the compressor run constantly? The overload wouldn't be bad if the compressor is running. If it runs all the time, it could need a charge.
~kb~ Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 3:07:50 PM(UTC)

This is a GE Monogram Bar fridge that stopped cooling the other day. I pulled the starter from the compressor and it was obviously bad. I replaced it, cleaned all the dust bunnies and gave it a go. The condenser fan moved the compressor kicked-on and the evap. fan worked as well. The compressor did not get warm until about 20min of being on with no temperature drop inside the box.
Soooo.... What causes the start disk to go bad? Fatigue, or another failed component? BTW the resistance at the compressor pns are at 6Ω's & 7Ω's
What's the next thing to check? Run Capacitor? Overload bad? Hopefully not the $400 power board.

This is the closest Service Guide I could find. It's not the exact model, but it's very close minus the ice maker :GE ZIB240P TECHNICAL SERVICE MANUAL Pdf Download.