Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
4dugnlee Posted: Friday, August 17, 2007 5:45:51 AM(UTC)

Got the timer yesterday...ironically enough off of ebay from "ApplianceJunk"...
put the timer in last night and did a load of wash and it works great...just like it should...and just in time for school to start...thanks for your help! Lea
ApplianceJunk Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2007 3:35:08 PM(UTC)

The replacement timer may have a 90 day warranty on it.
Good luck with the repair.

Keep us posted..
4dugnlee Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2007 3:28:17 PM(UTC)

We don't have a volt meter...we have a voltage tester, but not a meter. We are going to call the repairman tomorrow to see if it would happen to still be under warranty, but I think it is out. The timer might be still under warranty but the washer was bought April of '06 so I think it is out. Thanks for your help...we'll let you know how it goes...
ApplianceJunk Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2007 1:07:39 PM(UTC)

From what you have told me I would replace the timer.
The only way to know for sure would be with a volt meter.
If you had a volt meter you could check for voltage on the timer motor when it stops.
4dugnlee Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2007 12:23:42 PM(UTC)

It fills and then tumbled back and forth like it should...then stopped. The motor stops and the washer stops what it is doing. Its like it does whatever is should at the position that it is at on the dial...but then you have to manually advance the dial one click at a time to finish the whole cycle. The ticking sounds like it is coming from the timer...like it is trying to move but it never advances by itself. I've never smelled anything hot coming from it. We did take the top off to see where the timer is located.
ApplianceJunk Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2007 10:50:56 AM(UTC)

Quote:
The dial only advanced 2 clicks (on normal load) then quit.

So that time it advanced 2 clicks then quit it was agitating?
Does the timer just sit in that spot forever and the washer keeps agitating until you advance it or does the motor quite running?

Does it ever smell like anything is getting hot?
4dugnlee Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2007 10:30:59 AM(UTC)

We already tried that...and we took the pump off to make sure those tubes weren't plugged. Although there was a penny in there somewhere, we tried another load and it did the same thing. The dial only advanced 2 clicks (on normal load) then quit. If we put our ear by the dial, we can hear a ticking sound...then we manually advance the dial throughout the rest of the cycle.
ApplianceJunk Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 7:51:52 PM(UTC)

Check the screens in the water valve to make sure they are clean.
You will have to turn the water off and remove the hot and cold fill hoses from the back of the machine.

Look inside the valve that you just removed the hoses from.
You can pick the screens out if they are dirty and clean them.
4dugnlee Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 6:52:33 PM(UTC)

I start a load of wash...it goes about half way through the cycle...then stops. Sometimes it doesn't even make it half way. It doesn't matter what wash setting I use. All cycles work, but I have to manually turn the dial...it won't advance on its own once it stops mid-cycle. The same thing happened about a year ago, when we had only had the washer for a few months, and the repairman replaced the timer. It was under warranty then but I don't think it is now. Could it be the timer again?? If so, what would cause it to fail again. Is this something we can replace ourselves? We have the old part with the part number from before. Is there anything else that it could be? The laundry is piling up and school is starting soon...Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!