Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2024 9:17:25 AM(UTC)

Starting up slow
phantomracer Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2016 5:15:19 AM(UTC)

Just an update. Hum came back. The transformer did not fix it. Basically replaced every part - still not working.

Finally replaced the control panel - got it off ********, NOS, as the unit has been discontinued for some time. There are companies that will repair the circuit board, but I did score one.

This seems to have fixed the problem. Apparently the relay on the circuit board was bad/wore out over the years

Been working great for the past few weeks, so I am 99% sure it is fixed.
phantomracer Posted: Friday, November 6, 2015 5:49:02 PM(UTC)

I replaced the magnetron as i said above, which didn't seem to fix it, although did make it marginally better.

Since I didnt get a reply here, I chatted with them. They suggested I replace the high voltage transformer

I replaced it today, and it seems better. I haven't put it through its paces, but it works without the humming
myappliancea Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2015 11:24:48 AM(UTC)

My microwave is doing the same thing or similar. It'll cook food but not pop popcorn. I also cant adjust the power setting.

I've rea it can be a bad triac. Have you tried that? I thinking ill test it out on mine to see if its bad.
phantomracer Posted: Friday, October 30, 2015 1:29:09 PM(UTC)

some more info:

hums (cooking i assume) for 17-18 seconds, then no humming for 3 seconds... over and over

think it could be a bad replacement magnetron? or something else?
phantomracer Posted: Friday, October 30, 2015 10:53:47 AM(UTC)

any idea on my post above?

Thanks

Paul
phantomracer Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2015 6:42:04 PM(UTC)

Thanks. Got the magnetron installed. seemed to help a bit, but still seems to heat slowly..

if I make, say, popcorn, it takes about 4-5 minutes to get 1-2 pops a second, then half the bag is burnt, and half unpopped. If I use the popcorn button, about, or over, half the bag is unpopped.

The microwave 'hums' for about 15-30 seconds..then stops humming for about 10-15, then hums again (repeats) I assume the humming is the magnetron engaging.

Thoughts to something else being the problem? Any heat or safety sensor that could be failed or weak?
Simon / APP Team Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 2:37:15 PM(UTC)

Give it a shot.

Thank you,

Simon.
phantomracer Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 1:02:36 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi, Paul.

First of all we have a return policy that allows you to return any parts you don't need for full refund within one year.
There is no any special trick to make your life easier :(. You will have to lift of the console, remove the top and bottom grills, remove two screws holding the unit at the bottom one on each side and then slide the unit out. Be careful with wires, disconnect them all after memorizing where they go (take a picture). Oh, and don't forget to turn the breakers off!!!
Good luck.

Thank you,

Simon.

Thanks once again...

So no problem returning a part that was installed that didn't fix the problem. I normally don't like randomly replacing parts, but as long as I can return it, that takes some of the pressure off.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2015 12:08:57 PM(UTC)

Hi, Paul.

First of all we have a return policy that allows you to return any parts you don't need for full refund within one year.
There is no any special trick to make your life easier :(. You will have to lift of the console, remove the top and bottom grills, remove two screws holding the unit at the bottom one on each side and then slide the unit out. Be careful with wires, disconnect them all after memorizing where they go (take a picture). Oh, and don't forget to turn the breakers off!!!

Good luck.

Thank you,

Simon.