Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2015 7:46:42 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Parts for Kenmore Refrigerator 10670202990 - AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for the tech sheet

I am assuming that you replaced the temperature control thermostat and not the defrost thermostat.
Also that the compressor and both fans are off when the problem occurs.

Perhaps the problem is with the defrost timer. It is also in the same control module.

Perhaps the next time it happens try turning the defrost timer cam. There is usually a hole in the cover to let you do this without removing the cover.
If it fires up I would replace the timer.

Also check that all connections and crimps in the control module are good.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
omaller Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2015 6:34:23 AM(UTC)

I came home from vacation to a hot refrigerator and freezer. Upon a friend's suggestion, I cleaned the coils undereath and plugged the refrigerator back in and it started running again. However, a day later it again was not running. After tapping on the outside of the temperature control panel, it again began running. As a result, I thought it might have been the thermostat so I replaced that but the same problem is still occurring and if I tap on that panel, the refrigerator begins cooling again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.