Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Jeffkory Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2015 8:06:21 AM(UTC)

After searching everyone on the web for best price on the magnetron and diode- The cheapest of the parts houses would have been 247.12
Jeffkory Posted: Friday, May 29, 2015 4:43:55 AM(UTC)

I will get it ordered today from reading threads I think I need the diode also-{ magnetron and diode replaced together } This is going to be extremely hard to remove from the kitchen cabinets- It figures-- Thanks for the info.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 1:12:39 PM(UTC)

Hi, Jeffkory.

Based on what you described the magnetron failed. Replacing a magnetron require some skills. You will have to properly discharge the high voltage capacitor before making any repair to high voltage side of a microwave. Unplug the microwave, remove the outer cover, discharge the capacitor (using a flat screwdriver with a plastic handle, touch both capacitor terminals) and only then replace the magnetron.

Here is the magnetron Part number: AP3185215
Part number: AP3185215

Please let us know the result of the repair.

Thank you.

Simon.
Jeffkory Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 12:18:16 PM(UTC)

I have a GE microwave/oven combo everything works but the micro don't heat anymore- I don't hear the magnetron turning on anymore-everything else works as normal- any ideas? Thanks in advance.