Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
fairbank56 Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 5:59:32 AM(UTC)

The oil in the transmission is not red. Can't help you much more, needs to be looked at by an experienced tech. Could be a number of things. Too much including taking some voltage readings to be able to walk you through it on this forum.

Eric
workingdad Posted: Monday, February 23, 2015 9:14:07 PM(UTC)

I noticed when I leave the washer alone for a while it will spin again until it gets hot and the engine seems to ceaze up. I also noticed there was little red fluid under the washer when I put it on its side. Do you think the fluids keeps it from getting hot? And maybe there is a leak or its low?
workingdad Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2015 1:39:53 PM(UTC)

before I could make the jumper I was messing with Lid Switch and it starting spinning. I was able to get two loads of clothes done and it sound like the motor has ceazed up. I am waiting for it to cool before I get the final spin done. This happened yesterday before I manually drained the water out. I think the switch needs to be replaced as well as perhaps the motor. I tried to manually turn the agitator but no luck.
fairbank56 Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2015 9:28:29 AM(UTC)

Remove the two screws on front of control panel. Rotate panel back out of the way. Unplug the 3 pin connector on right side of cabinet top. Make a jumper out of a piece of wire and jump the two outer terminals of the plug you unplugged. Check to see if washer will now spin.

Eric
workingdad Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2015 9:17:13 AM(UTC)

The timer does not advance.
workingdad Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2015 9:15:49 AM(UTC)

It filled with water and agitated for the wash then when it was time for the spin cycle, it did not spin or agitate again. I turn the timer back to wash again and more water came in. I pushed the timer knob in to stop the water from entering the tub. Then I tried setting the timer knob again on the spin cycle but only heard humming for the first few tries then the humming stopped. Then I manually drained the water form the tub. Do you still think it could be the lid switch?
fairbank56 Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2015 4:21:27 AM(UTC)

I'm not too clear on your symptoms. What happens after the washer stops filling with water? No agitation? Any noise? Does the timer advance? If the problem is that it will fill and agitate but won't drain or spin, then it's probably a bad lid switch.

Eric
workingdad Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2015 10:15:19 PM(UTC)

Thanks Eric

I did manually drain the water out. The agitator does not work either. The washer will let water in the tub just fine. The humming is actually during the cycle when the water would be entering the washer? The cycle that would be the rinse or spinning cycle is now totally silent. So the agitator stop working as well.
fairbank56 Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2015 8:08:53 PM(UTC)

May be something in the drain pump jamming it and preventing the motor from running. Unclip and pull the pump from the motor and then see if motor will run. If so, manually drain the tub and remove the drain hoses from the pump so you can inspect inside the pump.

Eric
workingdad Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2015 7:31:47 PM(UTC)

I have a Kenmore 70 Series washer with direct drive. Model 110 82873820. It will not spin or drain water. I hear humming from when it should be spinning. Any ideas?