Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
famattjr Posted: Monday, February 16, 2015 11:58:30 AM(UTC)

ok, disregard, but to add to the knowledge base, I went back with allen wrenches & you just loosen those, off comes the handle, take off 2 rods which are threaded into the door and put on the new door. The plug filling the hole is ribbed not threaded, you can turn it or pop it out.
famattjr Posted: Monday, February 16, 2015 10:22:17 AM(UTC)

When swapping out the refrigerator door on a friend's GE Stainless up and down refrigerator (I took a pic of the model label but it didn't come out) I did not have allen wrenches with me. As you can see on the side of the handle there is an allen setscrew at top and bottom of the handle. Does anyone know what is going to be under there when I take it off? And the little plug at the bottom of the door covering a hole-having a lot of trouble taking that off, I don't have to take the whole back of door off the old door, do I?
Can't figure out how to edit but of course in title meant "plug."

https://www.flickr.com/photos/44.../sets/72157650850535741/