Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
pssmetana Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:11:09 PM(UTC)

OK, used my Multimeter to check the 220v outlet... it's fine.
I found the thermal fuse going into 24-3. Used my MultiMeter to see that it had no continuity. Will order from your website.

Thank You!
-Scott
denman Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 11:42:17 PM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Parts for Whirlpool RBD275PDB12 Oven - AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for the tech sheet

[COLOR="Blue"]Flipped circuit breaker on and off, no luck.[/COLOR]
I would check the power at the unit.
Just because a breaker looks OK does not mean that it is.
So if you assume power at the unit is OK you could go on a long journey trying to repair the unit when there is no problem with it.

[COLOR="Blue"]I'm thinking thermal fuse, right?[/COLOR]
Right

[COLOR="Blue"]I believe the upper oven thermal fuse is on the back of the oven, correct? [/COLOR]
No. It will not be one of the fuses on the back of the ovens as they just kill power to the elements not the control board.

If you look at the wiring diagram in the tech sheet you will see a thermal fuse by the upper left side of the board. This is the one that may be blown. It will look like a little torpedo in the black wire going to P24-3 on the board. You have to check it with a meter as they usually do not have a visual indication of being blown.
AppliancePartsPros will have this part even though it does not show up in the parts.

If the fuse is OK then check the power transformer.
If it is OK then odds are the board is blown.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
pssmetana Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 6:39:53 PM(UTC)

After a short Broil in upper oven, the oven went dead. No display, no beeps, no light in oven. Flipped circuit breaker on and off, no luck.

I'm thinking thermal fuse, right? I believe the upper oven thermal fuse is on the back of the oven, correct? I've replaced that and one on top before. I don't remembering the oven being dead then, though. I've replaced the control board before also, I've about had it with this oven.

Thanks for your help!
Scott:)