Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2015 11:41:41 AM(UTC)

Use you full model number including the prefix 110 to go to exploded views of your machine.
kman6206 Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2015 11:11:08 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like you did it correctly. The plastic pieces should be flush with the shaft that each is on.

See if you can turn the plastic piece that is on the shaft from the transmission. It should turn in each direction. If not it is likely there is something hung up in the transmission. If they can turn then the motor may be the problem or it could be the motor switch.

Wherer would I find the motor switch?
sidfink43 Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2015 4:01:59 AM(UTC)

Sounds like you did it correctly. The plastic pieces should be flush with the shaft that each is on.

See if you can turn the plastic piece that is on the shaft from the transmission. It should turn in each direction. If not it is likely there is something hung up in the transmission. If they can turn then the motor may be the problem or it could be the motor switch.
kman6206 Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2015 9:45:01 PM(UTC)

Sid. I have reinstalled the transmission. Since I have never done this before I am DIY person I don't know the difference between the right way and the wrong way to install the coupling. the prongs from the plastic on both pieces are in the rubber piece and it looks smooth and unbinding.
sidfink43 Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2015 5:02:45 AM(UTC)

You may have a received a bad transmission, or more likely you have put the coupling together the wrong way. I would take it apart, reinstall things and make sure the coupling is on correctly and see if that fixes things.
kman6206 Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2015 3:38:49 AM(UTC)

I just replaced the Transmission in my Kenmore washer. Now it will fill up and start agitating but as it agitates it has a squeeling sound that gets louder. then it stops and just has a buzzing sound and will not do anything else. The timer goes through it's cycle but the water even stays in the tub. Also the power cord gets very hot.