Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
fairbank56 Posted: Friday, January 2, 2015 7:46:37 PM(UTC)

Your washer is not a hydrowave model so it doesn't have the motor/inverter with LED fault indicator. Try rotating the motor pulley by hand in the clockwise direction (viewed from below). This should cause the belt to rotate which should drive the main pulley. This should release the brake and cause the entire transmission to rotate. If it won't move, problem could be clothing stuck between the tubs, faulty transmission brake release mechanism, seized lower transmission bearing or seized tub bearing.

Eric
thomhee Posted: Friday, January 2, 2015 3:31:04 PM(UTC)

Ahhh, okay. Are we sure that my washer has a light on the motor that will show error codes?

Also, How do I reset? I unplugged it earlier for over a minute and then open and closed the hatch 6 or 7 times.
sidfink43 Posted: Friday, January 2, 2015 3:19:43 PM(UTC)

The reason you replace the motor is that the inverter which is part of the electronics that control this machine is built into the motor.
thomhee Posted: Friday, January 2, 2015 3:18:24 PM(UTC)

I don't see a section for the fuse? Also, if the motor wasn't working, wouldn't the tub not agitate? The tub seems to agitate fine, even though it's pretty loud.
sidfink43 Posted: Friday, January 2, 2015 3:13:09 PM(UTC)

From the link

"If the light isn’t blinking check the fuse and if it is bad replace it (see section on the fuse below). If the light isn’t blinking and the fuse isn’t blown replace the motor."
thomhee Posted: Friday, January 2, 2015 3:08:34 PM(UTC)

I don't think this washer is new enough. I don't see any kind of light on the motor. It's looks like an older version.
sidfink43 Posted: Friday, January 2, 2015 10:55:09 AM(UTC)

See if you are getting error codes that are generated by a flashing light on the motor. Here is a link to a site that will tell you how to interpret them.

HydroWave GE Washer Repair Guide

Try a reset first and if that fails see what the error code tells you. Also operate it with the front panel off so you can see if the problem is with the motor or with the mode shifter.
thomhee Posted: Friday, January 2, 2015 7:43:12 AM(UTC)

Not sure of the age of the washer, was given to me by a friend.

This is a top load washer. Spin cycle isn't working. I bought a belt (part # WH1X2026) from this site thinking it was that, but that wasn't it.

The washer fills with water, it agitates (kind of loud though). The water drains and it pretty much just humms for the spin cycle but doesn't move.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Thomas