Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
BoardRestored Posted: Sunday, December 7, 2014 7:06:05 PM(UTC)

Hey Dterrasi,
Do you have a volt meter?
If yes, with the oven unplugged from the wall, remove the cord. (Still the burned one I assume)

You'll have three terminals that the cord hooks up to. Left (hot), center (ground), and right (hot).
I'd check to see that you don't have a short from either of the side terminals to ground. So do a continuity (ohm) test by touching the two probes to an outside terminal & the center terminal (ground). You should have no change with the meter. I.e. No continuity.

Also, check the wall outlet that you are only receiving 110-120v.

The melting plugs indicates to me that it's drawing too much amperage. This could be a bad board or a stuck gas valve (?) but start with the simple free checks first. I would not trust this oven to be plugged in long until the issue is tracked down.
dterrasi Posted: Saturday, December 6, 2014 1:54:14 PM(UTC)

We had been having trouble with our oven going on and off for no reason, and then it finally wouldn't work at all. I replaced the igniter with the proper GE part WB13T10045 and noticed that it stayed on for about a minute or so after the oven lit, when i verified it was working. I can't tell if it ever went out but put everything back together and all was fine for a few weeks. Then it stopped again, and I noticed the plug had melted (original plug had melted too). I wonder if I have a bigger problem then the igniter. Any suggestions? We've had 2 GE repairmen over too who say "replace the control panel" but don't know if that's the problem.. Range is just over 10 years old. Thanks.