Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
whatfor5 Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 7:59:04 AM(UTC)

So this one has me perplexed. I have a Samsung rf263beaesr fridge/freezer with the "twin cooling" malarkey so there is an evap coil in both the fridge and freezer, and no air circulation between the two compartments that I can tell. (maybe some as part of the ice maker, which sits in the fridge compartment?)

The problem is that the fridge, irrespective of the temperature setting, keeps freezing its contents. I clocked it set to 44F last night, and it was down in the 20s in the fridge compartment.

I pulled the inside back panel, and there seemed to be a little frosting on the evap coils, so I blew that all off, dried out the thermistor plug, etc and put it all back together. As the temperature dropped, I noticed the fridge seemed to accurately measure the temp in the compartment, until it got to the set temperature, at which point it continued to read the set temp and the temperature in the compartment kept dropping.

I know Samsung is a bit of a dirty word in appliances, but believe me I didn't buy this stupid fridge it came with the house. Anyone have any clever ideas?