Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Thursday, May 11, 2023 2:15:43 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: davidamoritz@gmail.com Go to Quoted Post
i own the same model and have been experiencing the same thing. since the parts people are just parts swappers and could obviously not fix a broken show string let me tell you what i did to get mine working again. first the part is made by electrolux not kenmore 1. when you press the paddle is causes the arm to actuate the micro switch on the left side of the unit. 2. this then sends power to the solenoid on the right side of the unit causing it to retract and actuate the door and relay above the solenoid which causes the auger to rotate. 3. if you use your fingers to acuate the flap you notice it sticks open then has to be re actuated to release it. 4. ok here is what i did to fix "remember the plastic is breakable please use care" 5. remove solenoid and make sure it is clean and not dirt is at end of tube and clean solenoid post 6. reinstall solenoid 7. when you are looking at the unit and you made it manually actuate if you looked closely there is a small metal bar that rides in the plastic slide above the solenoid "this is the problem" what you need to do is bend lightly the bar so it rides tighter in the groove 8. whats happening is that the bar is supposed to catch the end of its slide groove and hold the door open but its not catching. when you release the door switch the controller board send another quick power to the solenoid and it resets. so to fix just lightly bend the bar!!! extremely expensive fridge to break all over a freaking $.02 cent piece

THIS IS A GENUIS THAT WROTE THIS THIS THREAD... HE SAVED ME $200 FOR SURE. I BENT THE LITTLE METAL ROD AND IT WORKS LIKE BRAND NEW. THANKS SMART GUY!!!
Guest Posted: Thursday, August 4, 2022 3:08:20 PM(UTC)

@Nray, Same experience here. I tried playing with the position of the metal bars to no avail. I even ordered a replacement dispenser module that was supposed to be functioning for $30 but it does the exact same thing. Water and auger works but the flap opens then shuts immediately. How would I determine if the switches are bad? Seems more than a coincidence that both modules would have the same problem, so what would be next?
nray Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2022 2:55:30 PM(UTC)

This thread exactly describes the problem with my Frigidaire DGUS2645LF3 - water dispenser works great, ice dispenser works sporadically, and when it doesn't work the flap opens and closes immediately. If I grab the flap when it opens at the right moment, then the auger turns and ice comes out. I've tried following all the suggestions in this thread, but either I'm not doing the fixes right or there's something different about my situation. When I take things apart and get to the Dispenser Frame Module, I can manually operate the plunger and it works as expected, locking the flap into the open position when the plunger is pushed in, and then another push and it clicks out of place and back into the closed position. I tried bending the copper piece which puts pressure on the little metal guide arm, as well as bending the little metal guide arm itself (not sure what that could accomplish? it has a track that it moves in, in the plastic part that is attached to the plunger) I don't really see anything I would describe as a "pin"... I also tried removing one of the springs that push the flap closed, but that didn't help. I think somehow it's just not getting into the locked open position? Maybe the plunger just isn't being pulled in enough? Is that the idea behind bending that little metal arm?
Guest Posted: Sunday, September 5, 2021 10:25:30 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the help, folks! I didn't even need to adjust the pins. Just had to loosen the screws that hold the flap/solenoid in place. I noticed that when it was not screwed in it worked fine.
luxor Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2021 9:33:16 AM(UTC)

Once you've ruled out issues with the auger, switches, etc, this is indeed the solution if the flap snaps, auger is not acutated and no ice comes out. On my Frigidaire Gallery, there is a thin metal pin that locks the ice flap door into place. A small copper piece puts pressure on this pin. If there is not enough pressure, the ice flap will not stay open. So using needle-nose pliers, just bend this copper piece outward. See pictures.

Pics
Larry Fletcher Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2018 8:46:35 PM(UTC)

i own the same model and have been experiencing the same thing. since the parts people are just parts swappers and could obviously not fix a broken show string let me tell you what i did to get mine working again. first the part is made by electrolux not kenmore 1. when you press the paddle is causes the arm to actuate the micro switch on the left side of the unit. 2. this then sends power to the solenoid on the right side of the unit causing it to retract and actuate the door and relay above the solenoid which causes the auger to rotate. 3. if you use your fingers to acuate the flap you notice it sticks open then has to be re actuated to release it. 4. ok here is what i did to fix "remember the plastic is breakable please use care" 5. remove solenoid and make sure it is clean and not dirt is at end of tube and clean solenoid post 6. reinstall solenoid 7. when you are looking at the unit and you made it manually actuate if you looked closely there is a small metal bar that rides in the plastic slide above the solenoid "this is the problem" what you need to do is bend lightly the bar so it rides tighter in the groove 8. whats happening is that the bar is supposed to catch the end of its slide groove and hold the door open but its not catching. when you release the door switch the controller board send another quick power to the solenoid and it resets. so to fix just lightly bend the bar!!! extremely expensive fridge to break all over a freaking $.02 cent piece

This is EXACTLY what I was experiencing. I lived without ice dispensing for a year or more believing the auger drive motor was most likely frozen up. I wasn't willing to empty the freezer out to deal with it.....until today. Determined the motor wasn't the problem and determined manually positioning the dispenser flapper to the right position energized the auger. The flapper was behaving EXACTLY as you described. Solenoid coil and plunger were clean. The problem was the weak pressure the copper bar was exerting on the latching pin. Bent the copper bar to produce more force on the pin and the problem I lived with for over a year was quick and easily fixed for $0. Couldn't have done it without your help. Thank You!
Texastroker Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2017 4:30:28 PM(UTC)

Had the same problem with my frig FGUS2642LF2 flapper door, after cleaning and reapplying grease to no avail then trying to reduce the pressure on the locking mechanisms rod didn’t work either. The solenoid works off of a single electrical pulse to latch open and second pulse to disengage the lock to close after removing the container from the dispenser. After removing the dispenser for a third time I noticed how much spring tension the flapper door had, the door has 2 springs located on each side of it’s axis points. I removed the one closest to the solenoid and noticed the other spring had enough power to close the door. Reinstalled the dispenser and it works just fine now
frankiebakerjr Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2016 7:17:01 AM(UTC)

Hello David
I'm not 100% clear on bending the small bar. Is this to shorten the bar or is it to straighten it to line up in a different position?
Krytster Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2016 9:49:28 AM(UTC)

When I removed my front panel and chute assembly that small metal locking shaft seemed to be working perfectly. I actuated the solenoid by hand a few times and everything worked great. I wonder if the solenoid had something on the shaft that was easily removed when I moved it by hand, or if the groove was clogged with residue? Either way it works great now. Thanks for the tip!!!!
davidamoritz@gmail.com Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2015 1:42:17 PM(UTC)