Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
fairbank56 Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 1:42:00 PM(UTC)

It would appear so.

Eric
Seldom Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 10:56:06 AM(UTC)

I replaced the timer with a new one, and it works less than the old timer. With the knob pushed in, as I turn the timer through the various cycles, it starts the cycle (without pulling the knob out). Pulling the knob out and pushing it back in has no effect: it doesn't stop whatever is happening (rinse, spin, etc.) Have I gotten a faulty timer?
fairbank56 Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2015 3:48:35 PM(UTC)

Yes, that is correct.
Seldom Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2015 2:33:13 PM(UTC)

I'll order the timer now. Just to confirm, I can return it for a refund if it's not the timer, right?
fairbank56 Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2015 1:50:28 PM(UTC)

Ok, so looks like a faulty timer. The thermal overload in the motor is tripping which will prevent the timer from advancing while it's tripped. It will reset itself once it cools.

Eric
Seldom Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2015 11:40:18 AM(UTC)

I disconnected the speed switch and jumped the wires as instructed - still doesn't agitate. It fills, hums for about 5 seconds (doesn't trip the circuit breaker), rests for about 35 seconds, then hums again for 5 seconds, etc. I let this go on for a few minutes, and couldn't tell if the timer had moved.
fairbank56 Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2015 5:16:45 AM(UTC)

Well, you can bypass the speed switch to determine if that is the problem. You will have to make a couple of jumpers. Disconnect the speed switch and jump the blue/white and orange wires and also jump the yellow/blue and blue wires. If it still won't agitate, the speed switch is not the problem.

Eric
Seldom Posted: Monday, August 3, 2015 4:34:01 PM(UTC)

It doesn't agitate at all. It fills with water and then nothing but the hum. If I leave it humming for 10 seconds or so, it trips the circuit breaker. If I push in the timer and move it through the wash cycle, pulling up the timer at each click, nothing happens until I get to the Rinse cycle. It will then continue - spin/empty, then fill, spin/empty, etc. Final fill and spin, and the cycle ends normally.
fairbank56 Posted: Monday, August 3, 2015 2:41:34 PM(UTC)

Does it agitate during that setting? It should agitate for 5 seconds and then just soak for 35 seconds and then agitate again for 5 seconds and repeat.

Eric
Seldom Posted: Monday, August 3, 2015 12:44:11 PM(UTC)

I tried changing the speed while it was humming: it kept humming on all speeds except the "Intermittent Extra Slow/Slow ". Still sound like the speed switch?