Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
adm388 Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 6:19:14 AM(UTC)

It's spinning when the speed is set to handwash or delicate but not on regular or heavy duty. I replaced the speed control switch and that didn't fix it. What's next?
adm388 Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 11:15:51 AM(UTC)

I spoke too soon. The kid switch seems to be working. It stops spinning when I open it. But 2 loads have now washed without spinning. What else could it be?
adm388 Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 9:24:39 AM(UTC)

I fixed it!!! Old lid switch worked, I twisted the wires together and covered with electrical tape. I tried the crimping connectors but they didn't feel secure. I'm so proud of myself! Thanks for the help sidfink! :D
adm388 Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 5:38:03 AM(UTC)

Yes, I definitely want it fixed properly. Right now it's the same as before. Lid switch isn't working so it's not spinning on its own. I'm going to try to hook up the old lid switch and see if it works.
sidfink43 Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 2:57:24 AM(UTC)

I assume this has fixed your original problem. What you have likely done is to wire it up so as to by-pass the lid switch. See if you don't have a friend who is familiar with basic wiring who can come over and set it right for you. If it is working correctly you could leave it as is but DON'T, this is a safety issue. The machine must stop when the lid is raised.
adm388 Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2014 6:52:56 PM(UTC)

I hooked it all up and now I think the new lid switch isn't working. I don't hear a click and the washer keeps spinning when it's open. I'm ready to throw this thing out a window!
adm388 Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2014 5:54:51 PM(UTC)

If I hook it up wrong will something bad happen? Or it just won't work?
adm388 Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2014 5:18:04 PM(UTC)

Ok I went to homedepot and an employee helped me. I got the little connectors that you crimp and wire cutters/splitters. I've done the ground wire buuuut... My machine has 1 green, 1 tan and 1 gray wire and my lid switch has 1 green and 2 gray wires. How do I know which wire goes where?
sidfink43 Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2014 4:54:56 PM(UTC)

Yes, but with shipping it would be about $100.00. Those of us who respond on this site are volunteers and do not work for APP which is a parts company. This should be your part.

Part number: AP3100363
Part number: AP3100363

Sorry I am not there to help you, this is about a ten minute job for us but it can be daunting if you haven't done it before. If the three wires are connected securely this will work. The important thing is that the machine stops when the lid is raised; this is a safety feature that is very important.
adm388 Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2014 3:06:13 PM(UTC)

Cam I buy a whole new wire bundle with plugs?